VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yvonne the runaway cow brings fame to Bavarian village but no milk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHZN3AUq2A

Yvonne, after being "fattened up and prepared for dispatching" managed to break through her electrified prison and has escaped into the Bavarian countryside. Hopefully a kind animal-lover finds her first and gives her shelter and a happy life. You go girl!

One thing that especially sickened me though:

quote: "On Monday Aufhauser said he had leased a helicopter to track down Yvonne. If that did not work, he had a secret weapon: Yvonne's two-year-old son, Friesi, who was previously believed dead but turned up alive at a local farm. Friesi was offered by his owner to Aufhauser, and was on Monday undergoing "intensive training" to learn how best to call to his mother. "We know that the bond between mother cows and their sons is very strong. She will not be able to ignore him," said Aufhauser."

Using her son to try and lure her to her death. How disgusting

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I was just about to post about this! Here's an update:

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...ever-be-caught

Quote:
BERLIN // Doubts are growing that Yvonne the fugitive celebrity cow will ever be caught.
She is growing more canny by the day and appears to be enjoying life in the Bavarian forest where she has been hiding since she escaped slaughter in May.
"They're not going to get her," said Carsten Rehder, a cattle expert. Hitting Yvonne with a tranquilising dart is difficult because it could be deflected by tree branches, he said. "She's finding enough to eat at the moment. They should simply wait until it gets colder and then lure her out with food."
Yay! I hope they never catch her. Good luck Yvonne!

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Oh man, I am here rooting for Yvonne!

I think she will be ok, now that this went into media and caught attention she will probably be saved. I remember some stories about fugitive animals and they all ended up on a rescue farm after it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love how the whole country is going crazy looking for her, and she keeps just popping up on security cameras like some sort of ninja cow, and chilling in fields. Looks like she is enjoying her freedom. Good luck Yvonne

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
and then she got eaten by a grue

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yay for Yvonne. A happy ending for once. For a single cow

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Wow, glad they got her. i was worried that she will be eaten by someone if animal activists don't get her first

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I love that she gave 'em hell before being captured. At least she was able to have a taste of freedom for a little while, and will be safe and sound with her family.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts