VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the market I work at the owner typically trusts my taste and opinion on veg*an specialty foods, but I know there are things I don't like that others may love and vice versa. We're trying to come up with new products to carry so I figured it would be helpful to get some outside input. So here goes...

What are your top 5 favorite, and least favorite, specialty veg*an foods? I know many of us eat mostly whole foods...but this is more about faux meats, dairy-free cheeses, snacks, etc

Thank you in advance for your input!

·
Premium Member
16,095 Posts
Favourites:

1. Field Roast
2. Daiya Pepperjack shreds
3. Vegenaise
4. Tofurky
5. Go Max Go rice milk chocolate bars

Least Favourites:

1. Nayonaise
2. Road's End Mac and Chreese
3. Nancy's Cultured Soy Yogurt

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I always love the redwood bacon and the vegusto cheese, especially the piquant one and the mild one.
They also do some kind of fake meat slices some of wich are really awesome.

Other than that, i don't really know, a little of everything but nothing i really love... i like the vegan cream cheeses with garlic, home made cakes... if you can bake your own cakes or buy them fresh from a local it would be a good thing i think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

I always love the redwood bacon and the vegusto cheese, especially the piquant one and the mild one.
They also do some kind of fake meat slices some of wich are really awesome.

Other than that, i don't really know, a little of everything but nothing i really love... i like the vegan cream cheeses with garlic, home made cakes... if you can bake your own cakes or buy them fresh from a local it would be a good thing i think.
We try and get in as much local stuff as we can, so I'll talk to her about cakes. We don't have a ton of desert type items besides dairy-free icecream, chocolate bars, and dried fruit...so something like that could actually be really great, we just would have to find someone local to do vegan ones. Sadly the town I live in isn't very veg friendly (which is hard for me when I used to live in Asheville which is SUPER veg friendly) so we have to work with what's here. But yea, I think some local cakes sound like a great idea and not something I expected to see suggested! Thanks!

·
Ankle Biter
9,044 Posts
1. Cave Mezze Harrisa
2. Cave Mezze Spicy hummus
3. Tofurky -plain
4. Better than Cream Cheese
5. Vegenaise
6. Boca Spicy chick*n patties

Least favorite
1. Galaxy Nutritional rice cheese
2. Parma
3. Tofu pups
4. Westwood (?) vegan cheese spreads in 8 oz containers - uber nasty
5. boca burgers

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
1. Vegan cookie dough by Eat Pastry
2. Daiya mozzarella cheese
3. Field roast sausages (although I don't eat them anymore, I LOVED them)
4. Gardein products (same thing, can't eat them anymore but I LOVED them)
5. We can't say it's not cheese by Wayfare. They are vegan spreads and dips.
6. Soyrizo - I've always loved soyrizo and grew up eating chorizo scrambled with eggs. Since going gluten-free soyrizo has been a dinner and breakfast saver sometimes since it's the only gluten-free processed thing at the grocery store next door when I want to throw something together in two seconds and call it good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1. Seitan
2. Tempeh
3. Gimme Lean Sausge
4. Tofutti Cream Cheese (seriously, I can only find this at one store in town)
5. Boca products

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.