VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in what you guys make as 'super meals'. Meals which make you feel like you have gotten a BUNCH of good stuff. For example if I don't have time to make anything special but grilled veggies for a few days I can have this and feel replenished.

I have a couple favorites.

Oatmeal: with a whole bunch of fruit including bananas, berries, peaches, including dried fruits. Various grains and seeds including pumpkin seed, flax, millet etc. Maple syrup and granola. I am pretty sure this one is super.

For Winter: My Grandma's Minestrone soup: with a huge variety of veggies from her veggie garden and frozen from summer. Various beans and seeds. And olive oil. Sometimes also brown rice.

For Summer: something I have been eating a lot are the Chickpea and Quinoa Burgers from Vegan Diner. These are just amazing. Ingredients such as oats, chickpeas, quinoa, chickpea flour and various seasonings for the burger. A whole wheat bun and toppings such as red and orange bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and salad. For sure not a low cal thing but a wonderful super meal.

I would like to find more of these power meals as I tend to fall in the habit of cooking lots of Mediterranean style pasta with veggies.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
A quart of coconut milk

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
my vegetable lasagna. whole wheat pasta on top and bottom, and filled to the brim in the middle...no cheese, and made with home made sauce.
includes, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, onions, garlic, peppers yum!

don't you just love those quinoa burgers from Vegan Diner? I do too!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jess are those lasagnas on your blog? I haven't made veggie lasagnas as I am a little scared. I used to make fabulous omni ones - I am afraid of veggie ones tho.

Yea those Quinoa burgers are heaven! My entire omni family adores them too!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Yeah, green smoothies. This was my smoothie this morning I brought to school: Water, dates, fresh figs, frozen banana chunks, spinach, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesamee seeds, maca powder, cacao powder.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It doesn't feel like a filling breakfast to me unless there is oatmeal of some kind. I also find that lentil soup is a filling and satisfying lunch. Sometimes I eat it with crackers and fruit on the side, sometimes I melt some soy cheese on the crackers, sometimes I stir in little bits of leftover noodles, veggies, whatever. I also have a quinoa salad that is both healthy and very filling and satisfying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm big on healthy "bowls"

quinoa with some kale sauteed with garlic, nutritional yeast, and tamari

bulgur, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, walnuts, and lemon juice

quinoa topped with stir fry broccoli, cauli, and mushrooms with nutritional yeast & tamari (love those 2 together)

quinoa, lentils, steamed spinach & asparagus with tamari

whole wheat couscous, cubed baked tofu, stir fry mushrooms and tamari

basically a grain, a protein, a quick steam/stir fry veggie and some kind of "sauce" and good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.