VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I'm between jobs right now, and no, I don't like it. I want to be a productive member of society.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My occupation is nomad :p

Had a few different jobs, enjoyed most of them.

Navy cryptologist - loved it, til I lost my clearance
English teacher in China - loved it
Army - loved it, but I'm not allowed to deploy anymore, so I'm just finishing my enlistment on monthly drill status :/
Convention setup at Mandalay Bay event center (las Vegas) - meh, kept me busy
Started my first normal 9 to 5 job a few months ago, and promised myself I will never, ever, ever, ever work in an office again. Can't go from being a soldier to sitting at a desk all day, was driving me insane. Besides, I've got way too much ADHD for that stuff :p

Currently unemployed while moving. Working on a degree in linguistics, so we'll see what happens. I might go back to teaching, maybe translation. Who knows?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I'm currently working as a front desk clerk at a hotel while I wait for my grad program to start in August. I plan to continue working then.

I like the job mostly. It's pretty low-intensity, and I have lots of time to browse the Internet (like I'm doing right now). It basically just involves looking professional, being polite, and being organized.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm an Administration Officer working on major infrastructure projects for the Australia Government. I dont like what I do as I feel I can do better given further education unfortunately I am totally broke. I cant afford schooling of any kind accept free things and stuff offered through work which is very very rare and useless to me anyway. If any super rich and kind hearted people feel like giving me the money to go to night school and get a diploma or two then feel free to contact me

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I am currently working at TJ Maxx which I am sure most of you are familiar with... discount retail store for those who may not recognize the name. I enjoy it for the most part but any job in the retail trade has its downside. Sometimes it is hard to be all smiley and nicey nice to the bratty customers.

I have worked in the childcare industry in the past; my favorite job was teaching computer skills to preschool age children which combined 2 of my favorite things.... computers and children.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

My occupation is nomad :p

Had a few different jobs, enjoyed most of them.

Navy cryptologist - loved it, til I lost my clearance
English teacher in China - loved it
Army - loved it, but I'm not allowed to deploy anymore, so I'm just finishing my enlistment on monthly drill status :/
Convention setup at Mandalay Bay event center (las Vegas) - meh, kept me busy
Started my first normal 9 to 5 job a few months ago, and promised myself I will never, ever, ever, ever work in an office again. Can't go from being a soldier to sitting at a desk all day, was driving me insane. Besides, I've got way too much ADHD for that stuff :p

Currently unemployed while moving. Working on a degree in linguistics, so we'll see what happens. I might go back to teaching, maybe translation. Who knows?
I think I found your clearance, nomad. Where should I send it?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Recovering attorney.
I finally got out of the law and am trying to head back to school next fall for a graduate degree in psychology. Hoping to go into forensic psych, which would be a way to still use my legal training even though I have escaped the tyranny of the billable hour.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I think I found your clearance, nomad. Where should I send it?
Lol, perhaps I should be more specific. It was revoked. And as much as I loved the job, ultimately it was for the better. So if you found it, burn it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
nursing student and waitress.
nursing student- love. so very very rewarding can't wait until i graduate in a year.
watiress- meh... it's easy money. really hate bringing people their huge gross meat meals and hate it even worse when i have to throw half of it that they didn't even eat away.
but we do have vegetarian and even vegan options there so that helps my ethical dilemma a bit.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I work night shifts at a TV production company logging and digitizing footage for a reality show about a company that flies WWII planes in the Yukon.

It's exactly as exciting as it sounds, but on the bright side I get lots of time for VB!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.