VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! With colder days coming up and lots of rain heading my way, I want to be able to exercise even on gross days. So I was wondering, does anyone have a good exercise video they really like? Or rather, I'm looking for DVD's, if that makes a difference. I was thinking something along the line of Tae-Bo, with a moderate to difficult level. Suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by atterdag View Post

Hello! With colder days coming up and lots of rain heading my way, I want to be able to exercise even on gross days. So I was wondering, does anyone have a good exercise video they really like? Or rather, I'm looking for DVD's, if that makes a difference. I was thinking something along the line of Tae-Bo, with a moderate to difficult level. Suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
hmmmmmmmmm..I think I know someone who as a really good one

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tae Bo is awesome! I LOVE it! That's my suggestion. If you get the tapes, I really enjoy the advanced level-it will make you sweat like crazy, but it's fun! I also have the dvds(fat blasting cardio/total body fat blaster) and they are very good. Im looking for the boot camp because I heard that it's the best and pretty challenging!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I bought the Cindy Crawford workout video years ago and loved it. I had a right arm like Arnold Swarzenneger in no time.

I don't know if it's out on DVD though.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
My favorite exercise video of all time is Complete Aerobic & Weight Training from the Firm. I'm a sweaty mess at the end but it's totally fun.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

I bought the Cindy Crawford workout video years ago and loved it. I had a right arm like Arnold Swarzenneger in no time.

I don't know if it's out on DVD though.
LMAO

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi!

Good for you to research before the cold season starts. That way you will be nice and prepared. The Tae Bo tapes will definitely kick you into shape. Once you get the hang of it, you will crave the energy you get from them!

If you have a sports channel, you can also tape different workout shows. I used to do that all the time until I canceled cable, and then I always had a fresh workout to do, and didn't get bored (although some were really only for beginners).

Good luck!

Ute

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just ordered two bellydance workout DVD sets; Discover Bellydance & The Goddess Workout With Dolphina. I've read really good reviews of both, especially of The Goddess Workout.

Also, I've never tried it, but my sister swears by the Cindy Crawford workout video that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I tend get bored easily with workout videos, which is why I ordered the bellydancing dvds. I am hoping they will not only be effective, but also fun.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have lots of exercise dvd's that I use.

-Prevention has a Walk Your Way Slim one that is fun. They have 3 levels of difficulties and I am usually sweaty and felt like I had tons of fun after. They also have a cool pilates dvd that I enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Prevention-Mag.../dp/B0000CABIX

- Anything by Cathe is killer and I wish I could own all of her DVD's. I love the Kickboxing ones that she has. Her website is here and these workouts are not for the faint of heart:

www.cathe.com

- I have some of The Firm Videos but just don't do them much. Not sure why.

- I also love Yoga and have some good ones of those. MTV Yoga has a good one:

http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Yoga-MTV-Y...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

- Bryan kest is not for the faint of heart yoga, my muscles are usually shaking at the end without ever lifting a weight during the workout:

http://www.amazon.com/Bryan-Kest-Pow.../dp/B0001WTWYC

I don't workout at a gym, I use my video's, my knowledge as a Certified Fitness Trainer and the outdoors to stay in shape!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
The bellydancing videos are fun but they're not intense enough to make me break a sweat so they sit on a shelf.

I second anything from Cathe. Cardio & Weights is my favorite. If you like kickboxing, Kick Punch and Crunch is really good. Step Blast is a great step workout if you like that kind of thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a great exercise video, me and my son playing. He is beating me up then chasing me around the house. If you follow the same routine I think you will get a great work out. LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
ok......don't laugh.....but someone gave me the DVD's from McDonald's...you know the one they are promoting with their salad. To tell the truth, it is not too bad.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I like Bryan Kest too. He has some great yoga DVDs.

I have a love/hate relationship with Tae Bo. I'm always swearing off from his workouts.. then I come crawling right back.

The Claudia Schiffer workouts are really good too. I've had her workout videos for years and years and I still use them now and then.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I absolutely love the Hula dance workouts! http://www.activevideos.com/hula.htm Talk about getting a hard body, it really works! The Hula dance looks so easy but it isn't it is hard! Your legs stay slightly bent the entire dance, and you are up on the balls of your feet for a lot of the dance! If you are looking for something different and not mainstream give this a shot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts