VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in an area basically covered in farms and would like some advice on reporting one of them. we were being stopped in my car as they were bringing sheep out of a trailer into a field (just purchased sheep?) and they were being treated very poorly. many were limping and looked in pain and when they didnt walk the farmer picked them up and threw them onto the path or into the back of the jeep.<br><br>
now i have lived near farms all my life and this sadly i think is the norm is it not? depsite this i would love to report the farmer but i really dont think there is anything i can do, i have neither proof nor do i think they were breaking the (UK) law<br><br>
anyways consequently this is now my first day as a veggie<br>
peace<br><br>
rich

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's difficult to now what to do, I have never done this myself but I imagine if I witnessed something like this I would call the RSPCA. There cruelty line number is 0300 1234 999. Whether they are breaking the law or not I'd like to believe if you report them the farm may get monitored. Hopefully anyway.<br><br>
Congrats on turning veggie, its the BEST thing you can do to help animals. That and spreading the word...

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I'm happy you've chosen to become vegetarian.<br><br>
By all means try reporting it to your local animal welfare group. The person above your most recent post gave good advice on that.<br><br>
Be warned ahead of time however - it's entirely likely that all the things you saw are actually legal where you live. Farmed animals have almost no legal protection even in the developed world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts