VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we explored the night market in our city's chinatown last week and sampled a couple of foods we'd never tried before. one was young coconut. a man was standing on the sidewalk with a huge box of white spherical-type things and a sign that said "young coconuts, $2". we bought one and he took a huge cleaver to the end of one and chopped a hole in it and stuck a straw in it and what happened next was a beautiful taste experience. the "juice" inside the coconut was sweet and coconutty and salty all at once. wonderful!

next we tried these mung bean cookies! the ingredients were simply sugar, ground almonds, and ground mung beans! they were rich and sweet and went very well with the juice out of the young coconut.

i love finding new things to taste.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i agree with you 100% kreeli--i adore trying new things and really struggle to understand why people limit themselves in so many ways--rolling thru life with all sorts of prejudices--stating things like "oh yuck, i dont like that"--when i hear that and i KNOW they have not tried it i always ask them "oh how have you had it prepared? maybe you should try it a different way as there are many ways to prepare it" this always gets them as of course they have not had it at all!! then there are the samrty pants that think they have out witted me when they ask why dont i try veal or whatever ickball thing a different way---good one moron, way to justify your ignorance!!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
that is smarty pants--if only i could type!! i guess i should have done my own typing assignments in high school huh?!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts