You must be old if...

you remember nylon bed sheets
you know the words to 'Ernie the fastest milkman in the West'
your mum knitted your tanktops
You fantasied about owning a 'Blue Peter badge'
you went to a youth club
you covered your excercise books in wallpaper
you spent hours deciding if to marry Donny Osmond or David Cassidy
you ever sat freezing your nuts off in an outside toilet with newspaper instead of Andrex!

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I'm assuming the fact that I can get in several sentences of a conversation to myself, between putting each shoe on, means I'm getting old.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Hmmmmm.....
Donny Osmond and David Cassidy apply to me (though I didn't want either), but nothing else is at all familiar!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Shell View Post

I'm assuming the fact that I can get in several sentences of a conversation to myself, between putting each shoe on, means I'm getting old.
I think the fact that you can put your own shoes on without someone else tying your laces is impressive enough to earn you a plate of pureed cabbage and a complimentary bingo ticket...pull up a plastic chair my friend.

·
Registered
992 Posts
...you know the phone number of the original Nintendo game hotline by heart.

Actually, that probably makes me old and a complete ****ing nerd, but whatever.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Hmmmmm.....
Donny Osmond and David Cassidy apply to me (though I didn't want either), but nothing else is at all familiar!
You secretly did want them but you knew you would have to wait until I had made my choice.

Actually many of the things I listed might actually be peculiarly 'British' thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

Listen.. I am wearing hand knitted sweaters with pearl buttons who am I to judge?

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Taco Bell gives me a complimentary 'senior' drink. (If they don't offer it voluntarily, I ask for it. Damn snotnoses!)

I remember Howdy Doody.

More and more, people are calling me, Sir. Veerrrrry strange. If only they knew!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

How about you were excited when the Atari 2600 was able to license space invaders.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
When you see a twenty-something year old, with legs up to her armpits and wearing a belt for a skirt, and the only thing that pops into your head is "isn't she cold?"

You can tell that your missus isn't as old (at heart) as you when you get a bollocking for looking anyway ..

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post

Actually many of the things I listed might actually be peculiarly 'British' thinking about it!!!
Ya think?
I had to look to see if I was in the UK forum before posting! lol

Anyway, I am certainly old enough to know Donny Osmond and David Cassidy, but I think I was too old be considering marriage with either of them.

Edit: Whoa! I had to go check...David is older than me and Donny is only a few years younger!

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I don't know who Ernie is, but we had milk delivered to our doorstep in glass bottles by a guy named Guisseppe. In the summer we would chase his truck and steal ice.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
You know that you are getting old when the classic rock stations start playing music you listened to as a teenager.

You know that you are old when the Oldies stations start playing music that you listened to as a teenager.

You must be old if you can remember a time before the internet, cell phones, and TV remote controls.

You must be old if you were taught Fortran in school using a key punch/card punch machine.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
I...

have always wanted a blue peter badge

went to a youth club

have had several items of clothing knitted by my mother

had an outside toilet in the house I grew up in (although we did have toilet paper in there..)

And I'm 20

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
....you remember, "I Like Ike."

.... transistor radios.

....Walt Disney promoting the grand opening of Disneyland.

.... when Exxon was Esso.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Your previous apartment is an archaeological excavation site.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts