VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm ripping off this idea from the "You must be old if..." thread. Even if you're not a so-called "90s kid", you can still pitch in with what you remember from the '90s.

So here we go!

Someone in your house has said, "Get off the phone, I need to get on the internet." Or you picked up the phone only to realize that someone's on the internet.

Your first CD was either Britney Spears', Backstreet Boys', N*Sync's, or Christina Aguilera's first album*.
You have ended a sentence with "NOT!"
You have seen movie previews that begin or end with "Coming soon to DVD and Video".

*Mine was Britney Spears' "...Baby One More Time".

·
Registered
642 Posts
Quote:
Someone in your house has said, "Get off the phone, I need to get on the internet." Or you picked up the phone only to realize that someone's on the internet.
Your first CD was either Britney Spears', Backstreet Boys', N*Sync's, or Christina Aguilera's first album*.
You have ended a sentence with "NOT!"
You have seen movie previews that begin or end with "Coming soon to DVD and Video".
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check

Quote:
If you played with SkipIts, Pogs, Beanie Babies, Tamagachis, Gak, etc..
Ah pogs...I had so many of those useless things.
I still have my beanie babies. <3

I'll add my own...

...If you spent every Saturday night with the Big Orange Couch.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

...If you spent every Saturday night with the Big Orange Couch.
Yes! "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" and "Ren and Stimpy"

Also...
"Hey Dude"
"Salute Your Shorts"
"Pete and Pete"

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Found this:

You know you're a 90's kid if...

*You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air".

*You've worn leggings and felt stylish.

*You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club.

*You use to love playing with your MY Little Pet Shop.

*You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

*You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had scrunchies.

*You remember reading "Goosebumps".

*You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off".

*You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

*You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

*You remember the craze then the banning of yo-yo's.

*You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

*You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together.

*You collected pokemon cards.

*You wore socks over leggings scrunched down.

*You knew what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare"

*You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell".

*You played and or collected "Pogs".

*You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger.

*You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere.

*You watched the ORIGINAL Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles

*Yikes pencils and rubbers were the ****.

*You remember when the new Beanie Babies were always sold out.

*You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

*You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

*You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack.

*You know the Macarena by heart.

*Talk to the hand" ... enough said.

* You thought Brain from 'Pinkey and the Brain' would finally take over the world.

*You were made to wear a pair of leggings with the straps on the bottom. ie: stir-ups

*Bum Bags, or Fanny Pax whatever you called them.

*You collected tazos.

*I'LL BE BACK!

*2 words ... SPICE GIRLS...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

WHAAAAT? They were all on Nickelodeon.
I remember them. I also remember that one show where groups of kids were divided into teams (blue team, red team, etc.) and had all kinds of crazy competitions. I don't remember what it was called though. That show was actually really entertaining. (at least I thought so at the time)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

WHAAAAT? They were all on Nickelodeon.
Well, I wasn't watching Nickelodeon unless "Rugrats", "Hey, Arnold", or "Aaah! Real Monsters" was on. My older brother and I were avid channel-flippers so I had my favorites on Disney and Cartoon Network as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

I remember them. I also remember that one show where groups of kids were divided into teams (blue team, red team, etc.) and had all kinds of crazy competitions. I don't remember what it was called though. That show was actually really entertaining. (at least I thought so at the time)
I think that you're either thinking of "Guts" or "Double Dare".

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

Double Dare? There was also Legend of the Hidden Temple. And Guts.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

I think that you're either thinking of "Guts" or "Double Dare".
I just googled it, and the show I was thinking of was called "Wild and Crazy Kids". Nick had a lot of shows like that in the 90's I guess.

Quote:
Well, I wasn't watching Nickelodeon unless "Rugrats", "Hey, Arnold", or "Aaah! Real Monsters" was on. My older brother and I were avid channel-flippers so I had my favorites on Disney and Cartoon Network as well.
Yea, I watched all those shows. Cartoon Network was my favorite though. The WB had lots of good cartoons back then too.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I always relate Seinfeld to everyday life! I can't go a day without doing it.
Something happens and I go, "Hey, remember that episode..?" to the closest person to me, and then I get disappointed when they don't watch Seinfeld so instead I go on talking to myself about the episode. Also, with everyday weird stuff that isn't in a Seinfeld episode, I always have to blurt out, "That should've been an episode!".

I loved Pinky and the Brain. Also, CatDog. I remember vividly a night when I was about two and I saw an episode about Cavity Crunch. I watched the episode and wanted it so bad, and I kept watching it over and over all night and crying to my parents that I needed Cavity Crunch! They kept showing me Captain Crunch and saying it's the same thing, and they even explained how it was supposed to be a fake CatDog version of Captain Crunch, but I wouldn't take it, I didn't understand at all how my parents couldn't possibly grasp my urgent need of Cavity Crunch and how it was not Captain Crunch at all, it was Cavity Crunch, and I figured they must have been death or losing their minds to not see the difference between the two.
It was hilarious, I remember for weeks I had to walk very slowly in the cereal aisles to make absolutely sure that my Cavity Crunch wasn't there.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I also watched Hey, Arnold and Rugrats. I loved playing Rugrats on the Playstation, I still had that game until a few months ago, when I lost the Playstation 1 in the move.

I loved Hey, Arnold, but I wasn't allowed to watch it suddenly in my childhood. I came home and my dad said it was bad and that I couldn't watch it anymore. I think it had something to do with politics or something, but I never found out the reason.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.