since we're on the trend...
i love these
i love these
- You make $30,000 a year, yet still can't find a place to live.
- Two-thirds of the people you know are not from Oregon. (true - they're from Cali & Colorado)
- Know the vast differences between Coffee People, Torrefazione, and Starbucks. (yeah - none are as great as Peet's or Stumptown!)
- You can list more than five reasons why Starbucks is evil. (but only one counts - "their coffee sucks")
- Every July 1st, it takes half a day to find your sunglasses and sunscreen.
- You remember the date, severity, time of day, where you were, and how long you were out of power for every winter weather event for the last five years. (man, remember when 8" of snow shut the city down for a week?)
- You go to a coffee bar and see two guys get into a fight over who makes the best IPA. (mmm, Terminal Gravity...)
- Own more than 10 articles of clothing that have microbreweries/brewpubs printed on them. Bonus for embroidered stuff. (I have five, but one with embroidery - that counts!)
- You know that Boring is a place, not an adjective to describe your job. (it's where I used to go to church - how's that for appropriate)
- You can point in the direction of two or more volcanoes even though you can't see them due to clouds.
- You have a bookstore, coffee bar, and brewpub within walking distance of your house. (true!!)
- When you drive out of town, even the Hondas have gun racks. (in Boring. heh)
- You can name more than 10 kinds of berries and where to get them.
- You can name more than 10 beer styles and their hop profiles. (can't everyone?)
- When the weather gets above 50 degrees, you put on your shorts, but you still wear your hiking boots and parka.
- When the weather gets above 60 degrees, you replace your hiking boots with sandals. (they're called Tevas, not sandals!)
- You can recount more than five anecdotes why the east side is a crime-infested jungle (but only one counts - meth)
- You can list more than five reasons why the west side is a boring, snobby, white-bread suburb. (because it is)
- You are sitting at a red light surrounded by Subaru Legacy Outbacks.
- "Today's forecast, showers, followed by rain. Tomorrow: rain, followed by showers" doesn't faze you. I don't get it
- You can't wait for a day with "showers and sunbreaks".
- You live equidistant to a symphony hall, a winery, and a volcano. (well, I'm closer to the symphony hall, but yeah)