VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you grew up in the 80's this is soo funny..

Alot applied to me..I was born in 80..

The best was the Barbie and the Rockers Thing..I was just saying the other day I wish I could find the tape!

Amy

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE".

2. You watched the Pound Puppies.

3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair " ...and can do the "Carlton".

4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.

5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.

6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.

7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.

8. Two words: Hammer Pants.

9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock ".

10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales". (Woo ooh!)

12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.

14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the big screen... and still know the turtles names.

15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.

17. You played the game "MASH ". (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)

18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.

19. L.A. Gear... need I say more.

20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous)

21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all the Ramona books.

22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".

23. You wanted to be a Goonie.

24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)

25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.

28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.

30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.

32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hookup.

33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like ..24, probably in neon colors, too)

35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"

36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.

38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.

39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.

40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

42. You remember Popples.

43. "Don't worry, be happy"

44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.

45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)

46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK "

47. You remember boom boxes. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.

49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"

50. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales "

51. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.

52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.

53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".

54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell ", the ORIGINAL class.

55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.

56. You just sang those words to yourself.

57.You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.

58. Homemade Levi shorts. (the shorter the better)

59. You remember when mullets were cool!

60. You had a mullet!

61. You still sing "We are the World"

62. You tight rolled your jeans.

63. You owned a bannana clip.

64. You remember "Where's the Beef?"

65. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"

66. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.

67. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head,aren't you!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
41 out of 67 ain't bad.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
22/67 Not bad for someone who only spent two years in the eighties!

I mostly had to comment because of the Baby-Sitter's Club one. I had to stop reading them for a while because it was physically painful to me to acknowledge that none of the characters were real and I'd never be friends with them.

I think my strawberry shortcake dolls still smell (just barely, though), and I still have at least two stuffed Care Bears. One of them was my baby (you know, the toy I carried around everywhere and thus was falling apart by time I was two, but I still slept with until I was too old to admit).

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
55 out of 67... good times, good times!!! (born in '84)

I still have 2 of my care bears, too! They're packed up in my "Childhood memories" box. & Ninja Turtles rock! My bro had ALL the toys (the pizza shooter was the best until we lost all the pizzas!!) I'm surprised the original Nintendo wasn't mentioned!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
LMAO, loved it. The line about "wearing a ponytail on the side of your head" made me laugh out loud. (I got 55/67)

<----Born in '80.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I think this list was written by someone who was more elementary school age in the '80's as opposed to high school age. I recognize all the things on the list (eek!) but the some of stuff I remember being for more 'little kids' in the '80's. I was born in 1969 so I was more High School age in the '80's.

I am a little disappointed that they mentioned the USA for Africa song but not the Band-Aid song!
Band-Aid was a better song if you ask me.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
My (much younger) siblings did these things... I recognize them, but participated in very few. I feel ancient.

Oh, wait, except for Bon Jovi. MMMmmmmmmm

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I was born in 1982 and I think the only one that didn't apply to me was the mullet!

Cartoons are just not what they used to be!

Thundercats, She-ra, He-man, Transformers, My Little Pony, Carebears, Gummy Bears, Fraggle rock, Strawberry Shortcake, Pound Puppies, Duck tales, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rainbow Brite, Jem....

And I am still singing 'Shot through the Heart' dagnabit!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
<<<sings "let's do the Time Warp again..." (oh wait, wrong thread)

<<<grabs Randy to sing with her anyway

The MASH thing reminded me of the little fake-origami fortune tellers we made back in the day. "Cootie catchers" some called them. Heh.

wrt feeling old...the thread itself doesn't make me feel that way, but going into Claire's and seeing "retro" leg warmers, jelly shoes and snap bracelets..then I feel about 100.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.