VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When this so called "Vegan" at work just told me she is an avid hunter. She is like yeah I hunt and fish. So my response was" well you're not a vegan"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be a new thread on here entitled "Fegan" for those who like to act Vegan but really are not. We would see some really funny posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And then this omni from work leans over to me today and was like, "You know my husband has been hunting for years. He also eats and trophies what he kills and thats a sport that has been around forever." I swear the ignorance of some people drive me nuts. Well thats great that your crazy husband sits in a tree for hours preying on hopeless animals and calls it organic. I guarentee that when its not in season that same person goes to shoprite and buys factory farmed meat and fish too. Congrats on funding corporate agribusiness!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I think there was a thread about this a few months ago. I suppose that some people think that all it takes to be a vegan is to eat vegetables from time to time.

@ Elaine: That's hilarious.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Did she explain her mindset?

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
What was her response when you told her she wasn't vegan?
I'd hope it was '' ooooh, I meant a photo-shoot!"

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Kari View Post

And then this omni from work leans over to me today and was like, "You know my husband has been hunting for years. He also eats and trophies what he kills and thats a sport that has been around forever." I swear the ignorance of some people drive me nuts. Well thats great that your crazy husband sits in a tree for hours preying on hopeless animals and calls it organic. I guarentee that when its not in season that same person goes to shoprite and buys factory farmed meat and fish too. Congrats on funding corporate agribusiness!
I feel for you! I was just at a family reunion (husband's side) and one neanderthal leaned up next to me as he was carrying a tray in from the grill and said "These are all veggie burgers. All the cows were vegetarians!" Har-de-har-har.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Did she explain her mindset?
"I hunt but have not killed anything yet but when I catch a fish I just take it home and give it to my family" Thats like saying I climb mountains but have never been to a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

What was her response when you told her she wasn't vegan?
I'd hope it was '' ooooh, I meant a photo-shoot!"
Well shes knows I am uber smart so she couldn't come up with a legit rebuttal. But she showed me her gun license and invited me to go to the range. LOL

The thing I am most curious about now is if the vegan cheesecake she made my girlfriend and I was actually vegan. HMMMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I feel for you! I was just at a family reunion (husband's side) and one neanderthal leaned up next to me as he was carrying a tray in from the grill and said "These are all veggie burgers. All the cows were vegetarians!" Har-de-har-har.
Haaaaa I love those sacastic comments.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Today I read an obit for a person who was described as "A lifelong animal lover, {NAME} loved hunting, fishing, and the outdoors..."

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Kari View Post

When this so called "Vegan" at work just told me she is an avid hunter. She is like yeah I hunt and fish. So my response was" well you're not a vegan"
A vegan hunter is on the same oxymoronic (if that isn't a word then it should be?) level as a feminist wife beater.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
yes I agree that is not a true Vegan and I go to church with bunch of hunters and last year I was afraid to eat their dinners because two of the pastors were saying there might be deer or bear meat in the food. I was like come on now and I am glad a few dinners we went there I was able to get proper foods.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

"The number of self-reported vegetarians and vegans is roughly double the number of
actual vegetarians and vegans"

source: http://cultivateresearch.com/Cultiva...ians_Count.pdf
Yeah actually I know this is off subject, but I used to have so much respect for Gwyneth Paltrow, I used to tell people about how she had a vegan birthday cake and named her child apple, then I completely lost respect for her when I found the sad truth. It upsets me to think I looked up to her :/

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can not begin to comprehend how any human thinks going to someone's (the animal) house and killing them is cool in any way.

How would they feel if they were taking a walk, feeding their child or just eating lunch and a bow or bullet smacked them! Sheesh.

I really don't like hunting.

·
Registered
966 Posts
How bizarre. So I guess she eats vegan food for health reasons? That's fine I guess, but she shouldn't call herself vegan then.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey different stroke for different folks but I was still annoyed because all she does is talk about being vegan. She has a lot more homework to do

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
I found a woman I work with is eating a diet based on Esselstyns heart plan. She calls it vegan, but really isn't concerned about sometimes eating dairy, or sometimes fish. Correcting didn't sound like an option, as my pointing out Morningstar bacon had eggs just got a quizzical look!
I'm really glad people are finding plant based diets are healthy options, i wish they would call them plant based diets, and not vegan though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts