VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to eat Bermuda grass in my backyard (I know it sounds odd), and man it is good!

It is seeded mostly in the southern states and only during the summer. So I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen it.

But if you live somewhere that does, rip off a piece and try it.

Hey also what kind of grass is it that smoothie shops keep around and give you shots of?

Anyone else eat grass?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomeya View Post

I started to eat Bermuda grass in my backyard (I know it sounds odd), and man it is good!

It is seeded mostly in the southern states and only during the summer. So I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen it.

But if you live somewhere that does, rip off a piece and try it.
When I was a kid, I had a habit of sitting in the yard and munching on whatever was growing -- wild onions, bermuda grass, regular lawn turf, you name it. (Yeah, I was weird. While all the most mothers were trying to get their kids to eat greens, mine was trying to stop hers from consuming the lawn.) As I recall, Bermuda grass had a mild, sweet, grassy flavor, but was really tough. I'd generally chew the juices out of the stems, then toss the actual stem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well sorry about the double post.

I didn't figure out it was bermuda grass till now.

I also thought I only got a few posts on it, didn't realize it was 5 pages (I was even one of the last to post, oh well its been a year, good memory misq17)

Here is a link to wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynodon

Basically its a really straight kinda wide grass that is perfect for grass whistles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also i don't chew the stems (when it gets all long and vine like).

I eat it when its a few leaf buds sticking out of the ground.

·
Registered
393 Posts
here is your original post with the juicing grass mentioned.

Do you eat grass? From your lawn?

Do you guys eat grass? I'm not talking about wheatgrass that you buy from some stores, but the type that grows out in your lawn. One day I just grabbed a piece of grass from the backyard and ate it. It was pretty good. I think we have bermuda grass. It seems to have two types in our lawn, a viney kinda of grass, and then one that grows straight out of the grow with about 3 to 5 leafs coming out of the ground. Its the second type of grass that taste good

what's the point of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will try eating the bermuda grass tonight. It all started when my son and I pulled some bermuda grass from the backyard. He started saying that "there must be a reason why the grass is here". So started researching and found this link. So i'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts