VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are in a long narrow room with bare wooden walls and ceiling and a packed dirt floor. A dull orange glow from a brazier in the center of the room provides dim illumination. The room is about 60 feet long on the north-south axis, about 15 feet wide on the east-west axis, and 10 feet tall. Narrow bunk beds lie on either side of the central hallway. People in striped uniforms lie apathetically in their bunks, in varying states of emaciation. The locked door to the overseer's quarters is at the north end, while the exit to the rest of the camp is at the south end.

On a bunk in the northeast, a middle aged woman with pale, a freckled face and red-and-white flecked hair sits in her bunk, apparently reading something. She appears relatively healthy, but she seems to have a canny, resourceful air about her that indicates that she is not just a new arrival on whom the camp has yet to take its toll, like you.

Exits are SOUTH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As is only natural, you lie in your bunk, bemoaning your cruel fate. However, though this place may seem as though it destined to be the end of your journeys, some part of you hopes that it could be a new beginning -- provided that you stop bemoaning your fate and change it instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Alright, I'll play your sick game! I get what you want me to do, and I'm not going to do that. instead, I'm going to wait until she's asleep, and then I'm going to steal her book, and trade it to Jimmy three bunks over for some smokes. How do you like them ostriches!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

Alright, I'll play your sick game! I get what you want me to do, and I'm not going to do that. instead, I'm going to wait until she's asleep, and then I'm going to steal her book, and trade it to Jimmy three bunks over for some smokes. How do you like them ostriches!?
After the woman has fallen asleep, you sneak over to her bunk. She sleeps with the book on her stomach, her hands on the book. She is not gripping the book tightly, and with sufficient speed, you could probably snatch it from her without resistance -- at least initially -- but it is unlikely that you could do so without waking her up. Do you steal the book anyway, or do you attempt some other stratagem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I kill myself with my shoelaces
You attempt to hang yourself from your shoelaces, but the shoelaces snap under your weight before they can kill you. The woman tells you "If you want to die, just go out and try to escape, and the guards will turn you into a pincushion full of arrows. If you'd just give me your shoes the like before getting yourself killed, I'd appreciate it."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

I just hope this place provides vegan food.
Didn't you read the part about being emaciated? The omnis obviously rounded us all up and sent us to brainwashing camps at the behest of the meat, egg, and dairy industry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Idhan View Post

After the woman has fallen asleep, you sneak over to her bunk. She sleeps with the book on her stomach, her hands on the book. She is not gripping the book tightly, and with sufficient speed, you could probably snatch it from her without resistance -- at least initially -- but it is unlikely that you could do so without waking her up. Do you steal the book anyway, or do you attempt some other stratagem?"
What's my charisma stat lookin' like? Is it high enough to seduce her and then sneak the book afterwards? 'cuz that's what I'm gonna do.

Hell, now that I think about it, if it's low, I wanna re-roll. I always want high dexterity and charisma.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idhan View Post

You attempt to hang yourself from your shoelaces, but the shoelaces snap under your weight before they can kill you. The woman tells you "If you want to die, just go out and try to escape, and the guards will turn you into a pincushion full of arrows. If you'd just give me your shoes the like before getting yourself killed, I'd appreciate it."
No, I don't hang myself, I strangle myself. With rainbow shoelaces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

I just hope this place provides vegan food.
It's mostly cheap grains and vegetables. The broth is made of the recycled remains of your fellow prisoners, but broth doesn't count, does it? Also, there are sometimes bits of their flesh in there, but you can pick those out, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

What's my charisma stat lookin' like? Is it high enough to seduce her and then sneak the book afterwards? 'cuz that's what I'm gonna do.

Hell, now that I think about it, if it's low, I wanna re-roll. I always want high dexterity and charisma.
I don't know if this will matter, but you can distribute 25 points among Endurance, Perception, Intelligence, Charisma, Strength, Agility, and Willpower. 1 is poor. 3 is average. 5 is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

No, I don't hang myself, I strangle myself. With rainbow shoelaces.
When you attempt to do so, you lose strength and concentration as you get closer to unconsciousness, which causes you to loosen your grip, which allows you to breath again. You leave a ring of bruising around your neck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
I don't know if this will matter, but you can distribute 25 points among Endurance, Perception, Intelligence, Charisma, Strength, Agility, and Willpower. 1 is poor. 3 is average. 5 is excellent. [/QUOTE]

END 5, PER 3, INT 1, CHR 5, STR 4, AGL 5, WLP 2. INT is always the dump stat anyhows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

The middle aged woman obviously knows the secrets of the camp. I go over and sit on her bunk, waiting to see what she is willing to share.
The woman glares at you.

"You're new here, so I'm not going to judge you for not knowing every nuance of camp protocol, but I would think it would be common sense that you don't sit on a stranger's bed before you even tell her your name, or ask for her leave."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWolff View Post

Are we in a Nazi concentration camp?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

END 5, PER 3, INT 1, CHR 5, STR 4, AGL 5, WLP 2. INT is always the dump stat anyhows.


What's my charisma stat lookin' like? Is it high enough to seduce her and then sneak the book afterwards? 'cuz that's what I'm gonna do.
After discovering that your attempt to steal the book while she sleeps might encounter some complications, you sleep until the morning. Both you and the woman are awake. You walk up the the woman and start flirting. She seems to be receptive to your advances, and has left the book at her side, no longer in contact with her body.

"You could do quite well in this camp," she says, "with a nice body like yours. You'll need my connections. If you give me 50% of the proceeds, I can hook you up with some lonely guards and high-ranking inmates. Of course, you'll do a lot better if you're willing to sleep with men as well as women. You'll need to prove that you're more than a pretty face, so I'd like hear a bit of your story, make sure you can be trusted not to steal from customers, and maybe you could squeeze in a quickie with me before our work details begins, just to make sure you're good at it." She grins, with an unnerving casualness that makes it seem as if her proposal to pimp you out as a prostitute were a request to pass the salt.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top