VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently made the decision to switch to vegetarian diet. I haven't really been that big on meat for a while now, and given the rate of diabetes and various other health issues in my family history (the amount of pills my mother has to take with breakfast because of the diabetes and diabetes related problems terrifies me). This is actually just a very small dietary shift for me but will hopefully help save me from the health problems that I fear.

I bought a rice cooker a few weeks ago and I was googling for recipes trying to find some interesting new vegetarian rice cooker recipes and came across this forum.

I love to bake, I don't use mixes when I bake and I try to avoid them when I cook. I prefer the peace of mind of knowing exactly what I'm eating when I make things from scratch, even though it takes more time and planning.

I love spices and spicy food. One of my favourite meals consists of black beans, rice or quinoa, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, and a TON of spices with a good shot of sriracha

So I'm hoping to find lots of inspiration here for new things to try

Anyways, I'm 33 and live in Minnesota.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey! Welcome! Check out my blog (link in my siggy) for some baked goods and other food ideas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts