VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week #22

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The Veggies Boards Hamster Club, is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

do yo' thang!!!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey Hamsters,

I've been a real slug with regards to crunches/yoga./pilates and all my other little exercise things I do...even running
don't know what my lazy *ss Hamster problem is? I should be all psyched to be starting up training agian? I gotta get my butt in gear! Well its a new week and I'm gunna get serious!!! Yes I am

Go Hamsters!!!!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
All things in moderation slinny. Does your body perhaps need a bit of a break from all the various exercise activities? Remember hamstering is not about being exercised obsessed...but really healthy. (there is a difference
).

Take a break if you need to and get back into it when your body is ready.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
2 h walk today. Not really fast pace, though.

Another sunny day. This is getting weird. Just as it had started to get normal (rainy, that is) after weeks of quasi-summer weather, off we go again with beautiful spring weather. Not that I'm complaining...

·
Registered
0 Posts
it's beautiful! yesterday I forgot to post, but I did a weight workout and 20 minutes on the stairmaster.

Today was so nice, I did some yoga poses and then went outside to run.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hour walk with the dog

20 minutes butt stuff

30 minutes running

100 dips

if i get around to it, i'll do the 1000 crunches and a little bit of yoga

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
protrude? hmm..nope. and i definitely don't have a 6 pack either, and i'm not aiming for that. i just want 'em toned more. i have a harder time getting the lower abs in shape than upper.

if they are protruding, you're not doing them right though..when you're doing the crucnches or whatever, there's no need to 'flex' your abs. they natually come out when you're doing situps/crunches..so try and contract them (not flex 'em) so you're stomach doens't go out while you're doing them.

does that make any sense?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
uuhhh....**collpapses into chair**

Hi Hamsters!

Well when I say I'm gonna get my butt moving....I get movin

Worked all day in the yard, tilled the garden...by hand..with a shovel. Then I hauled a big ton of bricks...by hand...as many as I could carry at a time...over to the garden from the patio and dug and put the bricks around as a border...also put a little path through the garden. People! this is a lot of work! I was sweatin buckets. After that I went for a 6 mile run
in not to terrible time for me 58 min. Then it was back out in the yard to finish up odds and ends.

Thanks Bethanie, I always try to keep things in moderation. I have just recently come off the injured list...so I have been not doing much for a couple weeks...but I need to get back on my marathon training so I really need to push myself and I think with all the rest I had I should be ready...but I am being cautious, thanks

Funk, You are the crunch master!

rainbowmoon, great Hamsterin

All4you...I'd rather be mowin than shovelin...

austinswingrr, You are the dancin Hamster!

Azalea, glad your weather is nice! Got anymore nice pics of Norway? I want to go there someday.

Corri, way to go and cheers for your softball team!

Flower, thats great! Did you hike at the beach?

Keep on Hamsterin!!!!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Only a 2 mile run today. Sheesh. I'm slacking. My dad wants to run in a half marathon on June 7th and all I did today was 2 miles?

Bethanie, I think I read in last weeks thread that you were thinking of a 5k? I say go for it! They are tons of fun! Besides, what you got to loose?

Flower, hiking is hard work! 1/2 an hour is great!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Got my hill run in today, but not much else. I'll get back with the weights tomorrow.

Great hamstering, everyone!!

Mskedi

·
Registered
184 Posts
This morning I went to yoga class, and my sister actually went with me! This is really exciting, as she is kind of overweight and not into the whole "health thing" particularly. After yoga we stayed at the gym for 45 minutes. I'm not sure what she did (the bike, I think) but I got on the treadmill. Lately I've been going on the track outside but this morning it was TOO HOT.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
This weekend was great!! On Saturday, I FINALLY was able to go on my nature/picture taking walk by the river. It was fab. Yesterday I walked to the park for community day which was about 1/2 mile or so. This week is my usual gym routine, although I would like to walk again on the nature preserve if it is nice enough.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Only my 15 minutes on the stairmaster and lower body lifting. Lazy day.

Funkified, I think I know what you are saying...instead of pushing outward with the muscles, pull them in?!

lovenlight,

linz

1 - 20 of 84 Posts