VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if anyone else has ever done this

but a year ago i went on a yeast elimination diet for 3 weeks (i was omni then) and i felt awesome.. had tons more energy, my rashes cleared up and i lost 10 pounds.. but then i had chocolate or something and never could get into it again... of course, i've been veggie for it-seems-like-forever (in a good way!)
and i don't know how i'd do it this way.. but i'm getting the yeast symptoms again and feeling so rundown. i get a buildup in my body it seems and i get itchy all over and get weird heat rash looking marks on my chest/belly, esp when warm. i was told it was a yeast infection affecting my skin, and since it did clear up when on the elimination diet i'd say it was indeed.

basically how it worked was that sugar feeds yeast so i didn't eat any sugar or anything. the first 2 weeks was fresh vegetables (select vegetables, some couldn't have like corn because they're too sweet) and lean meats. i steamed *everything*... then after 2 weeks you can add a potato a week or a piece of fruit basically one new food at a time to test for allergies.. if you feel sick again or develop symptoms avoid it and maybe try it again later.. my cousin found out she had a great many food allergies she never knew about and now she is in amazing health that she knows these things. she had a naturalist helping her though and i am too poor for that. i do know once she could add other sources of protein she did cut out the meat for the most part (thats what i was intending to do when i did it, but i couldn't hack it... neeeeed... suuuugaaarrrr...).. harsh sugar addiction here

so basically what i'm asking is: i don't know how the first couple weeks (the harsh elimination part) would work as a veggie.. basically i have to starve the yeast and kill it off or it just sorta lays low and chills until i relent and feed it again.. but i don't want to just live off veggies.. so i don't know what to do about protein though i don't know where tofu comes in, or grains and beans they're usually not introduced until the second phase in a couple weeks... any one else ever done this? think i'm crazy? what do you think?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I've read about these diets & yeah, it will be a little tough on a veggie diet. So vegetables are safe. So are beans (as long as they're not canned). According to my book here tofu should be fine -- well, they're fine in one chapter, and not in another. Huh? I bought this for a friend, & she didn't eat tofu, so it wasn't a problem. Hmm.. It looks like that is after the first couple weeks. Quinoa, corn, spelt, millet & brown rice (and any pastas made from these) are fine. I guess you could get some variety from the above -- but it's limited. And I think the first two weeks kinda suck regardless of whether you're veggie or not.

I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't know, so I'll stop. I'll let you know if I learn anything spiffy, though. And my book here has a few recipes in it that I'd be happy to send along to you.

Good luck,

Mskedi

·
Registered
91 Posts
i did a three month candida (yeast) cleanse. i am vegetarian and on the cleanse i couldnt have any dairy because of mucous build up. anyways.. the way i did it was as follows...

80% of my diet was alkaline (vegetables)

20% of my diet was acidic (tofu, beans, nuts, breads, rice, etc.)

with my cleanse i took certain herbs and i also took fibre and laxtive tea to cleanse the bowels (exciting!). the cleanse was really great and it helped me a lot. there is also a 6 week version. the cleanse is made by a small company in BC called Earth's Herbal. the owners name is Jana Wessel and she's a real sweet heart. if you want to ask her about her cleanse her email is [email protected] and her phone number is 250 - 727 - 0884

xoxo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts