VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Was just so incredibly alienated by social awkwardness surrounding Thanksgiving turkey dinner that I had to to look for a place like this, glad I found it! I don't think there are many other groups of people that get poked fun at more than vegetarians. People can't publicly ridicule sexual orientation, colour, religious beliefs ect ect but vegetarians seem to be more than fair game! I just hope that by the end of my lifetime society will view the choice to minimize suffering as noble and not some kind of joke

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've been lucky. Only a few jerks have given me flak- although these were people who would generally bust on ANYBODY.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieGremlin View Post

Hi there! Was just so incredibly alienated by social awkwardness surrounding Thanksgiving turkey dinner that I had to to look for a place like this, glad I found it! I don't think there are many other groups of people that get poked fun at more than vegetarians. People can't publicly ridicule sexual orientation, colour, religious beliefs ect ect but vegetarians seem to be more than fair game! I just hope that by the end of my lifetime society will view the choice to minimize suffering as noble and not some kind of joke
hehe, that's why I'm still a closet vegetarian.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome! This forum is also great for giving good comebacks at the meat eaters when they think it's fun to make fun of vegetarians.
Our society has come along way in the last several years, but you're right we still have a way to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts