·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lady at subway scraped the cheese off my pizza for me

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Yay? Couldn't she just have not put the cheese on in the first place? (just a bit confused)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Yay? Couldn't she just have not put the cheese on in the first place? (just a bit confused)
My thoughts too...

Are they pre-made or something?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
They are frozen premade pizzas.
Did they scrape the cheese off while it was frozen or after it had already melted into the sauce and dough?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If it was already there and you paid for it you might as well have eaten it. Now the cheese just went to waste.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

If it was already there and you paid for it you might as well have eaten it. Now the cheese just went to waste.
Hm or rather go to a place that could make it without cheese to begin with, rather than having to choose to eat the cheese or not. Guess it's hard to find a fast place that doesn't use premade stuff though.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
hmmmm but the cheese is under the veggies so if they scratched it off they took everything else as well, so you just had a piece of bread? :/

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I guess this will be the last time you go to subway and have pizza...or at least post about it...lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, that was nice of her, but it kind of perpetuates the idea that veg*ns should be just fine with picking offending items off their food and eating it anyway as if there never was a piece of dead animal or animal byproduct on it. But ask them to pick a dead bug off their food and they get all testy.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You can get the veggie delite and ask them to not put cheese on it instead of asking them to pick the cheese off a pre-made pizza next time. It's vegan that way (well, some of the sauces aren't, so you gotta check that, I know the sweet onion is vegan) and you aren't providing any demand for animal products since the cheese doesn't come on the sandwich already.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I didn't know subway made pizza either. Honestly, I wasn't sure if the op was happy or being sarcastic

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I don't know if all locations have them, but they have carried pizza for about 5 years. I used to eat them back before I quit eating cheese. They were actually pretty good. They were way better than their subs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
honestly i wouldn't even bother with their subs haha a year or so ago I got their veggie delite, but it was pretty sad... just like "Here, a few veggies" and their vegetarian salad is even worse, good lord. It's like iceberg lettuce, a couple of pieces of tomato and..maybe some cucumber, but it was very, very sad. At least the subway I went to in Toronto.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
How odd!

Also, I didn't know they did pizza either but then again, I've been there about twice in my life. But anyway....yay?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
What's the point of getting a cheese pizza and scraping the cheese off? You're still supporting the demand for cheese. It hardly even matters at that point whether you eat it or not.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Let's try and be kind to the op, eh? As someone who's a new vegan in maybe a not veg friendly place, it could be hard.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Let's try and be kind to the op, eh? As someone who's a new vegan in maybe a not veg friendly place, it could be hard.
I was going to say this one reason members become former members.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts