VeggieBoards banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grain_girl

I see what you're saying, Oatmeal. I love dried fruits and nuts, but sometimes, they just don't hit the spot. I believe a little junk food here and there is beneficial to your health.
LOL, yes! I'd say it can be beneficial for one's mental health to indulge sometimes, I definitely agree!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowmoon

grain girl, your avatar is scaring the sh*t out of me!!! lol.
DITTO!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Oh. I'll search for the recipe for marshmallows in vegetarian times, and post in... I posted it somewhere else.. I'll go search for it and get it in here...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
GOT IT!!!

From Vegetarian Times..

Vegan Marshmallows

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. agar-agar powder

1 cup cold water

1 3/4 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup light corn syrup

1 tbs. vanilla extract

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup confectioners sygar

1. Soak agar-agar in 1/2 cup cold water until water is absorbed and powder is completely wet, about 10 minutes

2. Meanwhile, combime 1/2 cup water, 1 3/4 cups sugar, and 3/4 bup corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium heat and taking care to prevent boiling over. Reduce heat slightly and continue cooking and stirring until sugar misture thickens and forms strand, or ball in cold water. Immediately remove pan from heat and set aside.

3. Heat agar-agar over medium heat and stir until agar-agar softes and dissolves. Spoon into bowl of mixer. Add vanilla extract and, with beaters on high speed, slowly pour hot sugar mixture onto agar-agar. COntinue beating on high speed for about 10 minutes, or until mixture turns white.

4. combine cornstarch, and confectioners sugar in bowl. Generously sprinkle an 8-inch round baking pan with half of cornstarch mixture. Pour sugar-agar mixture into pan. Sprinkle top with more cornstarch and sugar to coat well.

5. After marshmallows firm up, slice into pieces, wrap in plastic, and store in airtight container in refrigerator, or serve.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I miss gummy worms...funny as that is. I also miss having popcorn at movie theatres. Hey, does anyone know if Red Vines are ok? Mostly, I just miss the convenience of ordering food with no worries. Guess we're just gonna have to turn EVERYONE and EVERYTHING vegan!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Edited cause my last post sounded too dumb

Urm.. Can someone explain candy corn to me??

From that picture I think its WAY different to our candy corn

*whines* I wanna go to america!!!

Danny

·
Banned
261 Posts
Candy corn are kinda hard to explain. They're these white, orange, and yellow triangular-shaped candies common around Halloween here. They have a hard outside and a soft, kinda chewy inside. The flavor isn't really eassy to explain, it's kind of marshmallowy-corny...they're so good! Boy, do I wish they made a vegan kind of those. So yummy. I wish they made vegan jelly beans (in a million flavors like jelly belly) too..but at least they have gummy bears and worms!

Cassie

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I hope I'm not creating a vegan urban legend here, but I have seen the mythical Vegan Candy Corn. Oh yes. Around Halloween, of course, and it's always a generic brand. So be on the lookout this year!

·
Registered
950 Posts
from "Denise's favorite junk food : http://www.veganmeat.com/junk.html"

Quote:
Candy Corn:

Hard to find without gelatin in them, but the search is always on. We have found vegan candy corn!! We fund a bag of Goelitz Confections brand candy corn and the only borderline item is beeswax so if you don't have problem with that then you gots candy corn!! The bag says they are from the makers of Jelly Bellys and we found them at Albertsons.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.