VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Yeah - Do watch out. I have seen non-vegetarian products labelled as "gelatin-free" And they were jelly beans. I scoured the ingredients and found E120 - Carmine. The label said gelatin-free but this should not be interpreted as "Vegetarian"

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's great!

I'm sorry to vent, but, I am so FREAKING sick of gelatin!!
The garbage is in EVERYTHING!

Let me tell ya, I don't give a flying crap about meat, but it really irks me that I'll never be able to have Frosted Mini Wheats, or *gulp* candy corn ever again!! *cries*

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
OK.... so i was in the store and noticed a box of this. It was just because I remembered this thread that I picked it up.

Holy ##$^#&^&! The thing must have like 50 ingredients, I kid you not. The ingredient list was so long it went from the top all the way to the bottom of the box!!! And what a lot of crap ingredients! Is there ANYTHING in there with real nutritional value?

Vegan or not, isn't there some better snack for those who need it? I personally think dried fruits and nuts are brilliant snack foods - though I never snack myself.

But excuse the intrusion, carry on....

·
Registered
507 Posts
I KNOW!!!! You just totally said what I thought when I first looked at the back of those things. Man, that's a BOOK, not ingredients! And gibberish as well, who the heck knows what all that crap even is? They could be feeding you rat poison for all that you know, lol.

Better snack: brozen banana chunks, YUMMM

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

OK.... so i was in the store and noticed a box of this. It was just because I remembered this thread that I picked it up.

Holy ##$^#&^&! The thing must have like 50 ingredients, I kid you not. The ingredient list was so long it went from the top all the way to the bottom of the box!!! And what a lot of crap ingredients! Is there ANYTHING in there with real nutritional value?

Vegan or not, isn't there some better snack for those who need it? I personally think dried fruits and nuts are brilliant snack foods - though I never snack myself.

But excuse the intrusion, carry on....
I see what you're saying, Oatmeal. I love dried fruits and nuts, but sometimes, they just don't hit the spot. I believe a little junk food here and there is beneficial to your health.

You know, I think I'm going to write to Brach's and ask them about coming out with gelatin-free candy corn.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.