VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone watching? If they were going to have Simon judge another show, they should have decided against bringing back another former Idol judge. I feel like I'm watching American Idol part 2.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I feel like the talent is sub-par. I'm bored enough with the show already that I went online when it was on. I hope I'm more impressed in the coming week or two.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened to the Country duo? They were male and female. I don't remember their names though. They were on a bit early on, but I haven't seen them since.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've missed performances here and there, but from what I can tell Nicole is rarely ever negative towards any contestants. Just another Paula. At this point, I feel both Rachel and Josh are vastly overrated and the two rappers are horrible. I'm not sure who my favorite is.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if anyone here cares, but the finale is tonight. I think Josh will win as he's been hyped all season, but I'm not overly impressed with any of them. I don't think I'll be watching it next season.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I'm watching, Rainforests. I agree about the talent, and like you, probably won't be watching it again. I enjoyed Drew Ryniewicz' run, she seemed like the only one who came close to having distinctive vocalizations. Others can sing really well, but not in such a recognizably distinct way. For me the standard is, the X Factor, if you turn on the radio, you can pick out the singer even if you hadn't heard that song before, or hadn't heard them do it. If you hear Stevie Nicks, Allison Krauss, Bruce Springsteen, Josh Groban on the radio, you probably know who it is without being told because they sound like nobody else. None of these talented kids seem to have that. To be fair, some of them might develop it in time, if they're able to come up through the ranks in a more organic way than a TV talent show can normally launch.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my family liked Drew but don't seem to have much interest since she was eliminated. They thought she was eliminated because of her mentor being Simon. They weren't happy over that. I'm not sure if that's true. Congratulations to Melanie, but I don't feel her voice is very radio-friendly and I expect Josh to have a more successful career.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts