VeggieBoards banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think you can only help to a point. My ex didn't want my help getting off of script pain killers. I put my life on hold too long for him before realizing this small but important necessity in recovery; they need to want to help themselves first. Sometimes you have to step out of the picture and see if they stand on their own two feet. Some folks gradually end up being enablers and not even realizing it until they are long out of the picture.. I understand where Funk is coming from. I don't think I could offer myself up for that kind of mental trauma again.

Anyhow, I don't think I'd chat with anyone other than you's here on VB. I can tolerate some of the freakishness here, but elsewhere it's just frightening

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MsRuthieB

No taking it back. Like in Joe's scenario. I'm sure his perception has changed of the lady who type her message in the wrong window.
I dunno. In the past, I sent her some chocolates for her birthday or Valentine's day or whatever. But maybe I'll just send some to my sister this year instead.

It is kind of ironic to be called a "weirdo" by a Californian.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah. I have done that before once I was talking to my friend online and then my friend sent me a Private Message and it went to her. It was embarrising. She was like "What are you talking about?"

21 - 23 of 23 Posts