VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I started eating vegan. I used to eat the cheapest stuff I could find. I'd buy raw peatnuts, dates, apricots, oats, half-proper juices and mix it all together, or eat raw peanuts with mashed bananas. I noticed my stool being yellow all the time and such an unbearable bloating like never before. Took me a month or two to realize it's not the vegan diet but my diet specifically that causes it.
I've honed my food choices, but just recently I made something that YOU SHOULD ALL TRY. It made me emit the most horrible smelling gas, as if it was that super-deep water that smells like rotten eggs. Except that it was even in my burps. Here's the recipe: blend roasted peanuts, then add raisins until the mixture is kinda moist. Now, these two ingredients might be the cause, but I also added a tiny bit of flax seeds, salt, and lemon juice, as well as moisted it with rapeseed oil & water. You might wanna try putting that on a slice of bread. Man I swear that is some intense stuff. I officially give the middle finger to peanuts as I don't feel like eating them ever again. :D

Don't eat like me, it's a crappy & crappy feeling diet. The only reason I eat such stuff is because it's cheaper, and it's bloody winter now. I'd be all-raw otherwise, eating lettuce-apple salads & mono fruit meals.

Anyway, what's your fart story?

·
Bandit
544 Posts
Last summer I started eating vegan. I used to eat the cheapest stuff I could find. I'd buy raw peatnuts, dates, apricots, oats, half-proper juices and mix it all together, or eat raw peanuts with mashed bananas. I noticed my stool being yellow all the time and such an unbearable bloating like never before. Took me a month or two to realize it's not the vegan diet but my diet specifically that causes it.
I've honed my food choices, but just recently I made something that YOU SHOULD ALL TRY. It made me emit the most horrible smelling gas, as if it was that super-deep water that smells like rotten eggs. Except that it was even in my burps. Here's the recipe: blend roasted peanuts, then add raisins until the mixture is kinda moist. Now, these two ingredients might be the cause, but I also added a tiny bit of flax seeds, salt, and lemon juice, as well as moisted it with rapeseed oil & water. You might wanna try putting that on a slice of bread. Man I swear that is some intense stuff. I officially give the middle finger to peanuts as I don't feel like eating them ever again. :D

Don't eat like me, it's a crappy & crappy feeling diet. The only reason I eat such stuff is because it's cheaper, and it's bloody winter now. I'd be all-raw otherwise, eating lettuce-apple salads & mono fruit meals.

Anyway, what's your fart story?

Uh, have you considered buying beans, lentils, rice, potatoes and canned vegetables instead of torturing yourself this way? That's actually one of the cheapest ways to eat vegan, and you can supplement with bananas, dried fruit or nuts if you like...why are you mashing this all together? If you want something more like a patty, use Farina and cooked beans or lentils, add sautéed veggies and spices and mash and form into a patty and eat.

I don't understand why you would eat this way, is it because you're trying to be a raw vegan? I tend to discourage people from doing raw or RT4, but it's your life. It would be healthier and just as cheap to eat simple cooked foods.

As for bad gas, I find it accompanies things like stress, or dehydration, or eating too many processed foods. You might have gotten too much fiber in one serving and it upset your digestive system.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
Where do you live? I don't get the food combination either- can't imagine where those foods would be cheaper than other produce, fresh or frozen, and beans, lentils, whole grains.

I don't have any stories of gas since before I went vegetarian. Beef was the worst! That is why farts are known as "beef". Beans don't bother me, the most smell from passing wind is like cooked broccoli thats been in a closed container and you let the cover off, but it goes away just as fast

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Uh, have you considered buying beans, lentils, rice, potatoes and canned vegetables instead of torturing yourself this way? That's actually one of the cheapest ways to eat vegan, and you can supplement with bananas, dried fruit or nuts if you like...why are you mashing this all together? If you want something more like a patty, use Farina and cooked beans or lentils, add sautéed veggies and spices and mash and form into a patty and eat.
I used to eat lots beans and grains until a few months ago. I still eat oats which are the cheapest calories costing 80c per kilo. But the reason I haven't been eating beans is because they made me feel quite ill the few last times I ate them. I'll try them again soon since it's not yet my beloved summer!

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe that was the curry!~~~

Actually, the mixed meal didn't feel like torture, because it was super tasty and my stomach didn't hurt. It was just very discomfortable to have that smell pop up in my mouth while trying to fall asleep.

I don't understand why you would eat this way, is it because you're trying to be a raw vegan? I tend to discourage people from doing raw or RT4, but it's your life. It would be healthier and just as cheap to eat simple cooked foods.
Yeah. I'm romantic like that, I like things raw. If we take a look at chronometer, though, I have more trouble making it all 100% with cooked foods than with raw foods, so, since you also cook away nutrients that many people don't look into, I don't see cooked food as superior thus I wanna know why you say it's "healthier".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts