VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Yay, there's one near me. I may see if they would like any donations of baked goods. Otherwise I'll just have to stock up on the goodies they are selling (probably will either way).

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
We already had ours. We raised $500 for Japan.
We might do it again in the coming months for another cause. But that all depends.

·
Registered
586 Posts
damn...both of the ones near me i can't attend! i'll be camping that weekend. but 1st annual baltimore vegfest! all vegan policy! hell yes!

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm glad to see some VBers have ones nearby!

That's great ElaineV!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
So did anyone else go to a bake sale yesterday? I baked/sold at one near me and it was an awesome time! We raised over $550 for an animal sanctuary. It was great to get to meet some other vegans in person since I don't know any in my daily life.

I also had an awesome slice of buffalo seitan pizza, since we held the bake sale at a pizzeria that has a vegan menu. It was my first time trying Daiya cheese and it was way better than I thought it would be! My omni husband even ate two slices of the vegan pizza -- I was so proud of him, since they also had regular slices and I never thought he would be open-minded enough to try the vegan ones. He's learning

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

So did anyone else go to a bake sale yesterday? I baked/sold at one near me and it was an awesome time! We raised over $550 for an animal sanctuary. It was great to get to meet some other vegans in person since I don't know any in my daily life.

I also had an awesome slice of buffalo seitan pizza, since we held the bake sale at a pizzeria that has a vegan menu. It was my first time trying Daiya cheese and it was way better than I thought it would be! My omni husband even ate two slices of the vegan pizza -- I was so proud of him, since they also had regular slices and I never thought he would be open-minded enough to try the vegan ones. He's learning
That's awesome, and buffalo seitan pizza sounds delicious!

I went to two bake sales yesterday and practically made myself sick like a little kid on Halloween! One was for Stop UBC Animal Research and I haven't heard the numbers yet but apparently they raised a bunch of money, and the other was at Karmavore for VOKRA (Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association) and they raised over 1360 dollars!

And oh man, the amount of delicious sugar consumed was truly horrifying... Cupcakes and cookies and muffins!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
MissKitchenWitch is doing hers today. I'm about to head over there and see her (I haven't seen her in a couple years, we used to hang together in Hawaii)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Some friends and I are putting one on May 1st to benefit an amazing local sanctuary. Our city hasn't had a vegan bake sale in years. I've been passing out mini fliers to people at farmers markets, another person contacted a lot of her friends at local news/papers places, another one put up a bunch of fliers around town, etc. I'm also baking for the one up in Seattle the day before where the proceeds are also going to the same sanctuary. Since we're trying to get non-vegans to come out and we're having it at a non-vegan location I'm also going to have a bunch of literature like Why Vegan, Compassionate Choices, a Veg-Friendly restaurant guide for our city that I made myself, literature on the sanctuary, fliers for local AR groups, etc. I can't wait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts