Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nevah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a few people who were interested in starting a workout program, or already were following one. Let's share what we do to get in shape!

Me? I am running using a home treadmill. I live in Minnesota, so running outside is inconvenient with the snow/ice, and we quit our health club when we moved this January.

Thus, my short-term goal is to run 20 miles a week, although that is seeming to be too easy, I might increase my challenge to run 30 miles/week. I'm also doing strength training 4x/week, alternative upper and lower workouts.

I also shovel snow about 40 minutes every morning, does that count?

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I do Yoga... I don't really consider it a workout, though.

I've been slacking off and only doing it about four times a week for about 25 minutes at a time. I was doing better a few months ago.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Magates. I have 2 NordicTracks situated in the house, so I do that now and then as well, they give me a low impact, total body workout that still burns alot of calories. But I must admit my favorite is running.

Although I don't have any stress in my life right now, I'd like to try out yoga!

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I don't do much. I do have a new bike so once the weather warms up a bit I'll be on it. Hopefully this weekend. Last fall I was walking 6-10 miles a week. Other than that I do little things like parking at the rear of the parking lot and taking stairs instead of the elevator. I also try to do between 50 and 100 situps a day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I work out 3 times a week for one hour. I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at about 4.2 - 5 mph and then i do 30 minutes of weight training -uper and lower body. I used to do Pilates and i really miss it, i've got to find more time :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Myself I do 2 1/2 to 3 hrs exercise a day and 4 hrs on a Friday, and my alarm goes at 4.30 am every morning during the week.

4 days (Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri) a week I do weight training every morning before work for an hour and half where I go hard out with cardio, weights doing multiple sets with the last few sets on heavier weights (and thus slowly increasing the weights over a period of time), do some cardio and finish with a bit of Yoga.

I also teach Yoga classes twice a week (tues morn and fri lunch time)

Every day after work I do over 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs Yoga, mostly concentrating on advanced poses/inversions/balances/stretches (I use the headstand as my meditation) etc pushing my body to the limit. I also do a lot of walking handstands as it is a good way to work on my balance and also strengthens the shoulders and arms and back.

Weekends I do a couple of hrs of Yoga on a Sunday, with a bit less on a Sat. as my body usually is a bit knackered.

Apparently I'm very flexible for a guy

·
Registered
0 Posts
i cycle to college and back (14 miles). i often cycle another 17 miles on a wednesday and on a sunday(though obviously dont go to college on sunday. i swim 80 lengths on a thursday. you wont catch me in a gym though ;-)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i ride my bike to work which takes me 45 minutes on the way and only 35 minutes on the way back. i always want to get home faster than i want to get to work, of course

i have a lovely canal that i ride along that goes through germany and into the netherlands all the way to the north sea.

so, i don't actually workout but i do ride over 7 hours a week. heh

·
Registered
350 Posts
Presently, I run five miles, four or five days a week. I practice vinyasa or power yoga for an hour and a half, five or six days a week. I also work out with weights three or four days a week. I include pretty intense ab work with my weight workouts. I go for long walks, or hikes a couple of days a week, typically on Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons.

Soon, I'll start to rollerblade 13 miles again. When that happens, I probably won't run on the days I rollerblade.

·
Banned
559 Posts
yeah, i slacked on and off the past year but have been going at a steady routine for a while now and feel much better.

i usally work out 6 days a week with a day off.

every other day i do about an hour of cardio (spinning or the cross trainer) and an hour of weights. i also do about 500 situps those days.

when i don't do weights i do an hour - an hour and half of cardio (again, spinning mostly with some cross trainer action).

200 crunches or so.

otherwise, i hike and play disc golf, frisbee, and the like. hopefully that'll be happening a lot more since it's getting warmer.

i'm actually trying to get back to when i felt the best - about 120 pounds. so i'm watching more what i eat right now too.

normally i want to just go to the gym and not leave, buti do need that day off.

oh yeah, i used to do yoga every day, and i'm trying to work that back in about 2 days a week at the very least. i need it badly. luckily i can jump right back into it without feeling like i never did it...and i do pushups and butt stuff when i'm home doing 'nothing.'

another goal of mine is to be able to do pullups again. when i was climbing all the time, i could do ten and that kicked ass. now it's just a sad, sorry sight..but dammit! i will get there i will!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
well it's not exactly a river ..... (not what i would call a river) but in german it is called 'kanal' so i just took that word.

compared with canals like around amsterdam, then no, it is more like a river

does that make sense? it's still early and i wish i was still asleep .....

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm currently training for my first triathlon. Its actually next Sat (april 12th, yikes!) I do mostly biking and running though. I've kind of left out swimming because I do not have access to a pool.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good Luck. I hope to run in the annual marathon here next year. I just started kinda sorta a training program. I ended up getting sick for about a week and threw my schedule out of whack for a minute. I have to get back on track soon. Come on spring already

Hey, good luck on you're triathlon...that's very ambitious!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts