VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As opposed to external work where you drive somewhere and work for another person (s).

You live in your office kind of work and are your own boss.

When you work, do you work in the traditional way of rigid hours or work when you feel like working?.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I'm not self-employed any more but I was for a long time and have owned several small retail type businessess (sp?). Since my business revolved around seasons, I worked when the work was there to be had which would range any where from 6 hours up to 15-18 hrs in a day. During down times I didn't work as much but my business or potential business was always on my mind. Ime, you work a lot more when self-employed and the pay off was higher then a "normal" job...at least a normal job I could get at the time.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I work for myself - and I work part-time from home. I work when I feel like it, but since I mostly enjoy what I do, I work regularly - usually three days a week for 3-4 hours, and one evening in a class setting. I'm an oil painter, and so I have to manage my inventory for months in advance.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I am a freelance writer. I have a desk at home where my computer sits. I communicate with my editors and developers via email, and that's how I send out my projects too. When I have a lot of projects, I usually start work as soon as I get up and quit sometime mid-afternoon. If I'm doing noncomissioned work (like the novel I'm writing) I work whenever I feel like it, and usually review my day's writing before bed. If I don't have any projects and don't feel like working on my novel, I play Warcraft all day.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Oh yeah. Fortunately some of my commissioned projects are for the World of Warcraft book line, so I can write my game-playing off as research.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I mostly work when I feel like it, except when there's a tight deadline, then I have to work when I don't feel like it. I usually work about 4 hours a day, 6 days a week, when we have a job. Sometimes, when the deadline is approaching, I'll work 7 days a week, 6 - 8 hours a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts