VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for.

I think Robert and dotnetdiva work at home, but they do internet stuff like making websites.....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I am a part time work-at-home mom. I found a direct selling company that is very attractive to me as a vegan. If you'd like to know more information, I would be happy to share it with you in a private conversation.

-Sally

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Mosquito, I would love to make an income from a web site, and I think it is terrific that you are able to make an income from your web sites, but I don't think I could ever hope to do something similar to what you are doing.

As a web surfer I find the relationship between electrictofu and cafepress to be utterly confusing. If I find it that confusing as a web surfer, I am sure I will find it totally incomprehensible as a web site designer.

Which web site does one set up, cafepress or electric tofu? Is your business is electric tofu? Why do people place orders through cafe press? How could you set up the order pages on cafepress if your web site is electric tofu? This is mind-boggling. It is just too complicated for me to understand.

It is difficult enough doing the bookkeeping for the income and expenses and monthly financial statement. Added to the work load is -- doing annual income tax. Then there is the matter of designing a web site; and arranging a deal with a company so that people could use their credit cards to pay for what I am selling. Plus a secure web page has to be set up, for people to give their credit card information. If I had to add, in addition to all that, the complexity of two interrelated web sites, instead of just one -- that would be the last straw.

Plus, you are not merely selling a product, but you are custom-designing and manufacturing the product you are selling -- this seems like way too many tasks for one person.

I would like to work from home, but, for me, in order to understand it and do it, I think I'd need something simpler.

·
Registered
859 Posts
LOL! Well it's actually not all that complicated. Cafepress is a site where you can upload images and sell different products with those images printed on them. When you get an order Cafepress collects payment, prints it up, and sends it out, and then they send you a check for your commisions once a month. You can set up as many individual stores as you like. I just created electrictofu as a "hub" to link to all of those individual stores and put whatever other content I like on it. If one orders from more than one cafepress store it all goes through the same shopping cart. It's a really neat set up actually.

I started the site last summer, because I'd recently quit my job and had time to kill, never really expecting much to come from it. But I kept submitting my link to different veg pages and eventually got higher and higher on the search engines and now I do quite well for myself.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
"Well it's actually not all that complicated. Cafepress is a site where you can upload images and sell different products with those images printed on them. When you get an order Cafepress collects payment, prints it up, and sends it out, and then they send you a check for your commisions once a month. You can set up as many individual stores as you like. I just created electrictofu as a "hub" to link to all of those individual stores and put whatever other content I like on it. If one orders from more than one cafepress store it all goes through the same shopping cart. It's a really neat set up actually."

This explanation has caused me to be more confused about how your web sites operate, and help you earn an income, than I was before.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
That's amazing. It says I design something, then they manufacture it. Like for example I could send them mechanical drawings of the nutcracker I designed, made out of wood, and they will cut the wood to my specifications, and finish it to my specifications, and assemble it to my specifications. Amazing.

Of course I don't understand what they mean by "Set your retail price over the CafePress.com base price."

I should trust them to field phone calls about the design and manufacture of my product, it says.

I suppose if i invent a new designer drug they can produce that for sale too. All they need is chime file detailing all the atoms and bond angles in the molecule.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts