VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a vegetarian (almost vegan) and would like to know what are good things to eat before and after a workout. I want to work out 3x a week go get a flatter belly and less behind (regular girl stuff) . After work (5 pm) I go low on sugar pretty fast especially around dinner time..

What are good and healthy meals?? Do I need special nutritions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased an ebook from the vegan fitness model which completely changed the way I eat for training. It cost me $10 with a discount code (I think normally $20) and it was worth every cent.
Google: Vegan Fitness Model

I got me thinking more carefully about portions and balancing my calorie intake throughout the day. Used with the "My fitness pal" app to track my calorie intake I lost a lot of fat whilst still maintaining my muscle tone.

I have started now to make some of my own portioned meal prep recipes that I have added to My fitness pal to add more variety still.

"Meal prep" eating style I have found is an excellent way to go if you are training regularly and want to lose some body fat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After years of racing bikes and competing in MMA I have figured out that the best prework out fuel for me is a high liquid and carb meal about 45 min before my workout. Example:

Smoothie: 3 bananas, 1/2 cup of frozen berries, hand full of leafy greens, 1 tbs of hemp powder, 2-4 dates, and water for blending.

If I am doing a workout that will take more than an hour or two I like to add a handful of walnuts or pecans to keep me full for a longer period of time. When I have a workout right after waking up and I don't have time to wait 45 minutes before working out I will just eat some sweet fruits like mangos or kiwis with a few dates and coconut water. Even if I am doing an anaerobic workout 10 minutes after the meal I usually feel great!

As for post-workout? That greatly depends on what your goals are. Some people argue to eat some carbs and protein within 30 minutes to easily replenish your glycogen stores and build muscle but I have also seen arguments against this time requirement. I hope this helped!

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
I am sharing my personal diet schedule and foods for lean muscle and belly fat loss.
6:00 am - Warm lemon water 1 glass
8:00 am - Oats
10:00am - 1 apple
12: pm- Lunch (for veg-paneer and non-veg- pork chicken, tuna fish)
4:00pm - 1 apple
after doing workout
have dinner with salads....If you follow this for 3 months you will start noticing the results.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing your personal approach to health. However, bear in mind that this a vegetarian forum - please don't recommend pork, chicken, fish, or other animal flesh foods here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My pre-workout meal is normally oats, peanut butter and blueberries with almond milk. Post-workout is a banana and a protein shake until I get home and cook. Normally rice, veggies and lentils :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are some post-workout meal to have:

• Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.
  • Egg omelet with avocado spread on toast.
  • Salmon with sweet potato.
  • Tuna salad sandwich on whole-grain bread.
  • Tuna and crackers.
  • Oatmeal, whey protein, banana, and almonds.
  • Cottage cheese and fruits.
  • Pita and hummus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts