VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work some weird hours,a split shift on mwf i work 6am-9am and 3:45pm-6:15pm. on tues and thurs i work 7am-9am and 3:45pm-6:15pm. i was wondering what kind of hours all of you work

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I do the 8-5 thing. I used to run the tech department for an internet provider and my shifts were always different. I'm much happier with these hours.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Right now 8-5, mon - fri. However this is my last week on the job so starting next week until I find a new job - I won't have any work hours.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I do normal hours - 8:30 - 5, Monday to Friday.

I hope work isn't far for you, aj'smommy, since you have to go there twice a day!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I currently work 8:30am to 4:30pm, which I am very thankful for. A few years ago when I was still in uni and working during the summer, I worked some long hours to save up money. Tuesday to Friday I worked two jobs, and Saturday and Sunday I worked one. Monday was usually my day off. Most days I started at a golf course between 5:00 and 6:00am (it changed with the sunrise). I worked there till 3:00pm, had enough time for a shower and a quick bite before I started serving tables at 4:30pm. I worked there until between 9:00 and 10:00pm. Then I went home, grabbed a quick dinner, talked to my fi on the computer for half an hour or so, and went to bed.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I just quit my job a couple months ago, so presently I'm not working. My first job (I was 16) was as a secretary for a fencing company. I worked from 7:30am to 4:30pm then took the bus to my night job at KFC where I worked from 5:30 to 10:30. When I worked at Kmart I would have to be there by 6am, then leave at 10 or 11am. I'd walk the 2 miles home. Then later leave to work at Waldenbooks from either 1:30 or 5:30pm to 9:30pm. At another point in time I would work at Walden from 10am to 6pm, Finlay Fine Jewelry from 6:15 to 9:15, then walk across the street to Regal cinemas to work from 9:30pm to 11:30pm. Luckily, it's been a few years since I've had to deal with hours like those.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I have two jobs. My primary job is 8:30 - 4:30, M - F, but because I'm salaried and there's lot of work to be done, I often work quite a few extra hours in the evenings and some weekends. My second job (which is the really fun one - in a bead store) is every other Sunday from 12:30 - 5:00 p.m., and several evenings and/or Saturday mornings each month (I teach classes there).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I bust it out on Fri, Sat, & Sun.. 6 PM until 7 AM. In August though I switch to M-FRI 2PM until 11PM, my shfit changes every 4 months in a 24 by 7 environment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No hours for me! I stay home with my son

Though I can sympathize with the odd hours. When I was last working, I worked in a pharmacy from 9-5 mon-fri(ate lunch while working) then grabbed dinner on my way to my night job, sellin' shoes 5:30-11:30, mon-fri.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm a student, it's a never ending job. In some ways it would be nice to work 9-5 because come Friday at 5, you don't take your work home with you. As a student you are constantly thinking about the next essay you have to write. Despite this, there are many perks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
There is nothing worse than having to work Saturdays. I used to be a corporate chick, and my weekends were all mine. But since I started working at the spa, I've had to give up all my Saturdays. The good news is that I get Sun & Mon off, so I still have a weekend, just slightly shifted. I generally work 8:30 - 5 most days but Tuesday night I close the spa so I'm there from 12 pm till about 9 pm, and on Saturdays I open the spa so I get in at 7 pm and get to leave at 3:30 pm.

I can sympathize with Carnelian. When I was corporate and salaried, my hours were technically 9 to 5 but more often ended up being something like 8 am till 8 pm or later. I don't know if that's better or worse than working Saturdays.

I hate working Saturdays.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3 pm to 11:35 pm with revolving days off. (Work five, off two, work five, off three. Theoretically, anyway.)

Soon, I'll hopefully be going to 3 thirteen hour days a week. Yay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts