VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Chloe or Snicks...and I'm new here ( obviously
). I just started to be a vegetarian...*cough* today *cough*, so I'm going to see how it goes. Any support would be great, as I've tried to be a vegetarian many times before...but have always failed.

Anyway...and posts back would be appreciated!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!
and congrats on making the switch to a veg diet!
Your best bet is to start with the New to Vegetarianism forum, especially the Tip of the Day Thread, which you'll find stickied at the top of the forum, and has tons of good information for new vegetarians.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The important thing is too eat a balanced diet including whole grain products, fruits and vegetables, beans and alternates, and milk and milk alternates. A good book to introduce you to good vegetarian nutrition is The New Becoming Vegetarian. It is written by two registered dieticians and offers plans for getting all nutrients.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
You can do it!!!!! Take it one meal at a time and learn as you go. If you slip up or find yourself unprepared and the only thing available to eat for miles around is a cheeseburger, just take it as a learning experience and move on. Feel free to use any strategy that works for you. If you want to jump in with both feet right away, go for it. If you feel like you need to take your time, that's fine too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts