VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this in the paper last weekend and thought it was pretty interesting, then promptly forgot about it. The article's a bit cheesy, but the study is worth a look.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle2258894.ece

The difference between ears was small, but the note about people holding babies on the left made me wonder how often that was true. The folks I've worked with tend to hold on the left side, but I've thought that perhaps it was because they were predominantly right-handed.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Dang. That must be my problem. My hearing is much better in my right ear than my left, which presented problems in choirs when I would have to stand between the Soprano 1s and the Soprano 2s. I'm a Soprano 2, but I was mainly hearing the Soprano 1s.

I hold telephones and babies up to my right ear.

I'm not sure why my hearing is better in my right ear, but I know I had a lot of ear infections when I was little.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I think it's BS. But I have no way to really know, since I can't hear out of that ear anyway. Does that mean I should remember logical things well, since 100% of what I hear is through my right ear?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

huh. I thought the left-brained=logical / right-brained=emotional stuff was bunk. Maybe not.
Actually, that still stands. info from the right side goes to the left brain and vice versa.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Yes, I know that, but I thought that the "ooh you're left brained - that means you're logical!" and "ooh you're right brained, that means you're more emotional/creative" stuff was discredited.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah..I'd heard that too, but it was in some sort of pop-psychology type magazine, I think. That said, the difference between ears in this study in not overwhelming, perhaps.

·
Banned
0 Posts
For over 30 years I experienced several life threatening chronic illnesses. Through the Grace of God I was lead to several people and organizations that aided me in understanding, positively dealing with and transforming these illnesses. For the past few years I have devoted my life to sharing what I have learned with others. The two most impactful organizations I was lead to are The Institute of HeartMath (www.emotionalmastery.com) and Landmark Education (www.landmarkeducation.com).

The American Institute of Stress and The Centers for Disease Control have both reported that up to 90% of all illnesses are due to stress. I was lead to The Institute of HeartMath in 1997 and discovered that all of my illnesses were due to stress and unmanaged emotions I had been experiencing in my life. Through learning and practicing HeartMath's tools and technologies, I am able to prevent, manage and reverse the effects of stress and unmanaged emotions, in-the-moment, achieve better health, more energy, improved mental and emotional clarity, and improved performance and relationships. HeartMath's tools and technologies are scientifically substantiated; they literally saved my life.

Landmark Education provided me with the knowledge and tools to identify and put in my past, barriers that were stopping me from living a powerful life and a life I love. Through this Education, I have reached an unshakeable Faith.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts