VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
A woman who pepper-sprayed other shoppers Thursday night at the Wal-Mart in Porter Ranch had armed herself with the caustic spray to gain an advantage in the fight for merchandise at the Black Friday sale, a fire captain said.

(cut)

Twenty customers, including children, were hurt in the 10:10 p.m. incident. Shoppers complained of minor skin and eye irritation and sore throats, he said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-shopping.html
That is freakin' crazy. I hope they catch her and charge her with child abuse and assault.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Next in competitive shopping

Taking a katana to H&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

That is freakin' crazy. I hope they catch her and charge her with child abuse and assault.
Quote:
minor skin and eye irritation and sore throats
Maybe not.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I saw that.

It sounds to me like she's mentally ill.

ETA: "People of Wal-Mart", indeed. Why do you think I refuse to shop there?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Maybe not.
Or maybe battery. Even if the injuries weren't that severe, it's illegal to pepper spray someone if they're not physically attacking you.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Even if the injuries weren't that severe, it's illegal to pepper spray someone if they're not physically attacking you.
Unless you're a cop.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
People like her are the reason I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Good times. On principal, I don't participate in Black Friday. If people want their junk that bad, they're welcome to it. Actually this has been a pretty good year overall. I'll take a little harmless pepper spray any day over getting trampled by a bunch of dumb ****s.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I don't see the big deal about black friday. If you buy stuff online, you can get it at nearly black friday prices, every day. And lots of websites offer the ability to order black friday deals online. At that point you are only saving a few dollar by getting into the mess of the crowds. And if you are buying anything technology related (TVs, computers, etc), just wait 2 months and you will get something better and cheaper than the black friday deals.

I think the frenzy over this shopping day is ridiculous. People throw away more money on Starbucks than they will ever save on these deals.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

People like her are the reason I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday.
I wasn't planning on going out, but I actually need a few things. (just groceries) Jeez, I hope I survive.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
It never fails. Every year there are numerous stories of fights breaking out and people injured on Black Friday. It's awful and ridiculous how crazy people get over material things. They turn into animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonerism View Post

I wasn't planning on going out, but I actually need a few things. (just groceries) Jeez, I hope I survive.
The best part of Black Friday is that most grocery stores are EMPTY! I went to Aldi this morning and there were only 2 other customers. The parking lots of the other grocery stores I passed were totally dead.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

The best part of Black Friday is that most grocery stores are EMPTY! I went to Aldi this morning and there were only 2 other customers. The parking lots of the other grocery stores I passed were totally dead.
Oh good. That's exactly where I was going to go. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
this is just too sad for words.....for the people who celebrate Thanksgiving... we are supposed to be celebrating what we are thankful for....and then a few mins, hours, day later we are supposed to be focused on wants and doing anything we can to get them....makes me sick....I hope that woman gets the help in my never to be humble opinion that she deserves and if need be she is arrested and held accountable for her actions.

on a personal note...I dont participate in black friday and all the nuttiness it ensues....dont get me wrong I love to bargain shop like nobodys business and not to toot my own horn I am good at it but I can find/get better deals during the year and online....I dont need to do this to get an awesome deal.....I do feel sorry to a point for the regualr person just trying to get a deal on something and isnt causing trouble or whatever.

Peace

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There were a lot of sales here too, even though it wasn't Thanksgiving here, so I stopped by the mall around 11am. It was mostly empty, except the Apple store. I also left with almost nothing
No crazy shenanigans here!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I'll never forget the story from 2008 about the Wal-Mart employee that was crushed and trampled to death by rampaging Black Friday shoppers. It seriously haunts me... Sometimes it's hard not to be a misanthrope.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'll never forget the story from 2008 about the Wal-Mart employee that was crushed and trampled to death by rampaging Black Friday shoppers. It seriously haunts me... Sometimes it's hard not to be a misanthrope.
That was very disgusting.

I put something on my FB about the BF violence. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that people get so worked up over just a discount on crap that they would hurt someone in anyway. Tis the season for greed and selfishness for some I guess.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts