1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
That's so very sad.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I work at a Health Dept. Unfortunately, the bats are killed in order to do testing on the heads.
And it's true, out of the hundred or so bats that come in to our dept for testing, I don't recall ever seeing a report where the result was positive. We have had a few racoons and a skunk test positive, however.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I found a bat in the grille in front of my car's radiator, but didn't think to test it for anything.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, I found one a while back and did not touch him but got him to a wildlife rehaber.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was watching the news this morning and it said that she had been bit. I probably would have anted it tested too....

·
Registered
16 Posts
My uncle killed a bat that had gotten stuck in his house before simply because my aunt was afraid of it. Should have just let it go, but no, they had to kill it!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

Nope, all rabies testing involves killing an animal. Something about disecting the brain I think?.
yeah its a chemical change in the brain
she shoulda just let it outside, frekin people call pest control so they can come "exterminate" something.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikat View Post

I was watching the news this morning and it said that she had been bit. I probably would have anted it tested too....
Its not like you wont get the same shots and vaccines anyway though, i mean you get the shots etc, then they say weather its positive or negative, the outcome wont change much these days

1 - 14 of 14 Posts