VeggieBoards banner
381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnychelly View Post

I just moved to the Milwaukee area (Brookfield) for a job. I moved from NC. I don't know anyone in the area yet and it'd be cool to meet some fellow vegetarians. How's the veggie scene around here?
I work at Stir Crazy in IL, it's a veg-friendly stir fry place and they're opening a store in Brookfield any day now, or it might already be open. We have fantastic tofu lettuce wraps

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
oooo thanks! I haven't heard about it yet, but the website says they'll open at Brookfield Square in fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrapinTurtle View Post

I work at Stir Crazy in IL, it's a veg-friendly stir fry place and they're opening a store in Brookfield any day now, or it might already be open. We have fantastic tofu lettuce wraps

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live really close to Brookfield Mall, so I've passed the Stir Crazy building. I'll have to try it out when it opens. Also, I just found a 100% vegetarian place in Brookfield right by Sendik's foods. It's called Cafe Manna. It was really tasty.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
WHOA!!!!! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the link! I hadn't heard of it.

Quote:

I live really close to Brookfield Mall, so I've passed the Stir Crazy building. I'll have to try it out when it opens. Also, I just found a 100% vegetarian place in Brookfield right by Sendik's foods. It's called Cafe Manna. It was really tasty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oooooo, Cafe Manna looks like good. I'll have to get there sometime.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went to Mexican Fest a couple weeks ago. We stopped at Cafe Manna for lunch, but unfortunately they were closed

I was looking forward to trying them out too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I think they are closed Sundays.

I went to Mexican Fest too, this city is awesome for all of the stuff to do.
NC didn't have nearly as much to do.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Quote:

I went last night and really enjoyed it! This is the first time I've been to a vegetarian restaurant...it was so nice to be able to order off the menu like a normal person. And their juiced drinks were fabulous...I had the green limonaide

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaah!

I live in Owen, in the middle of nowhere and there's no one to share my vegan righteousness with! It's all brats and dairy cattle around here! In the spring, they actually spray liquid manure into the air as fertilizer. That is so wrong!

Ack!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My daughter (age 12) and I live in Madison WI!

We are often in Milwaukee for her Irish dance classes. I've been veggie for about 20 years and my daughter since she was born. We are strongly considering going vegan, but I personally would find it hard to give up pizza...and I feel guilty about that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEATSnotGREEN View Post

super close to me, I live in Neenah.

Have any good veggie restaurant recomendations?
Hmmmm... I haven't found any. We don't eat out often though. Definitely post if you find any!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am fairly new here and from Wisconsin. Waukesha to be exact.

We should all have a veggie potluck sometime. I would love to have more veggire friends to swap receipes with and such.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skittles View Post

I am fairly new here and from Wisconsin. Waukesha to be exact.

We should all have a veggie potluck sometime. I would love to have more veggire friends to swap receipes with and such.
A potluck sounds like a lot of fun. I'm REALLY shy so I'd probably be the quiet one in the corner, but it'd still be nice to meet some people from here

·
Registered
470 Posts
We're having a nice, quiet veggie potluck again this Sunday.

Info at this link.

I haven't updated the website yet. I'm probably going to do it this evening.

I think the theme this Sunday is African food.

You don't have to follow the theme though. Some people do, some don't.

And there are of course the vegan meetups.

I haven't been to them for a while. I always seem to have something going on those days.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post

We're having a nice, quiet veggie potluck again this Sunday.

Info at this link.

I haven't updated the website yet. I'm probably going to do it this evening.

I think the theme this Sunday is African food.

You don't have to follow the theme though. Some people do, some don't.

And there are of course the vegan meetups.

I haven't been to them for a while. I always seem to have something going on those days.
Darn it.... I miss this post.

Maybe next time.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

A potluck sounds like a lot of fun. I'm REALLY shy so I'd probably be the quiet one in the corner, but it'd still be nice to meet some people from here
I have very few vegetarian friends, so I always love meeting new people that share similair beliefs (as far as food goes anyways
).

I am going to talk to my friend and see what she thinks about hosting a potluck at her house.

381 - 400 of 419 Posts