VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, you're right about VeganEssentials expanding to Wisconsin...I just applied, but they said they won't be looking for help till after summer. They said come take a tour anytime you like though.

---Trav------

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I will be in Milwaukee for Summerfest.

Slynny and I are planning on getting together for lunch one day while I'm there--it'd be really cool if others in the area could meet us, too. Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm going to be there the weekend of June 27th.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I love Indian too, what's your favorite place gali? I also thought Beans and Barley would be nice...haven't been there in a while. Muppet there is also an African place...I've never been but I hear it's good, I read in a recent post you liked African food and it reminded me of the place. I don't know if they have anything vegan but I could check

·
Banned
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slynny

Hey Bennotbombs,

What's happenin Riverwest side?
Not much, at least for my poor ass. A place at 924 East Center is holding all-ages shows, which is a real cool thing. Fuel Cafe still has some nice (and pricey) food. I would like to go to Wesbank Bank Cafe, a Vietnamese restraunt in the neighborhood I hear is good. It is warmer up, so more drug dealers are hitting the streets.

·
Banned
123 Posts
oh, Beans and Barley sucks something awful. There food costs too much, and is boring like golf on television. If you want some good vegetarian food hit up some Thai restraunt. E-E Sane has nearly every item vegetarian, and it is cheaper than the meet version.

I am going to get some beer, so I can drink a couple before I go to work. Bye.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ee sane is okay. pretty greasy though. i love royal india or maharaja's. the african hut would be good, i've heard it's good, but i don't know if its vegan, i heard it's praises from non veggies.amd yes beans is expensive, and trendy, but i think there food is good.. so just don't pay attentions to the "cool " yuppie people there. i'm up for whatever u guys decide, its all good food.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hello Everybody!!

I am a Wisconsinite- born and raised, been here all my life. Right now I live in the Waukesha area with my parents, but I'll soon be moving to Locust St. for the summer with my sister and her husband. It's so cool to know that some of you are so close here! I thought I was the only one... I can't stand living in such a meat eating state as it is.

I like Beans and Barely okay, it's worth a go. Also.... go to Sharharazad Indian restaurant!!! I was there just last night... it's soooooo goood.. I don't know what's vegan, but there are like 12 vegetarian specialities that had my mouth watering. I went with the Spinach Pie and Lentil Soup. Yum! I can't wait to try all that Milwaukee has to offer! Have you been to Outpost Natural Foods in Wauwatosa? That grocery store is great too- I wish I lived right next to it.

If any of you meet up this summer- please let me know! I'll come a'runnin'.

later

brake 4 squirrels

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey, i can't beleive i forgot. there's this great new place right on my block that serves awesome vegan food. they even have a seperate grill and fryer for the vegan stuff. it's awesome. yesterday i had chicken fried tofu sandwich, yummm! it's called polomino, has anyone esle been there?

and..Hi breaks4squirrles!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have never been to Milwaukee, so I'll let all you locals decide. I try to eat vegan as much as possible when out and about, but I won't freak out if some butter or somethng sneaks onto my plate, so don't worry that the place you pick isn't vegan enough.

So far, the plan is to meet for lunch around 1pm or so on Saturday June 28, so if you're anywhere in the area, I expect you to show!!!

There's a lot more Wisconsinites than I had originally thought--do you think we need to get a firm headcount and make reservations? Again, I guess I'll leave that to one of the locals since you know better than me.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gali

hey, i can't beleive i forgot. there's this great new place right on my block that serves awesome vegan food. they even have a seperate grill and fryer for the vegan stuff. it's awesome. yesterday i had chicken fried tofu sandwich, yummm! it's called polomino, has anyone esle been there?

and..Hi breaks4squirrles!
I was actually thinking about going there yesterday, but I look into which bus to take. I ended up getting some Spicy Bao Vegetable from China Gourmet downtown. The service was great, and our server didn't charge extra for adding tofu.

Oh, Palomino's is owned by the scumbags that started Fuel and Comet, so it should be good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

So far, the plan is to meet for lunch around 1pm or so on Saturday June 28, so if you're anywhere in the area, I expect you to show!!!

Wait,.... where are we meeting? How will we all know each other?

b4s

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey B4S
Wow so many Wisconsonites
Excellent!!

Well guys how this for a plan...when we decide on a place I'll call and make reservations, then when you get there you can just say your with the VB group...that should make it easy...hopefully. I'll PM everyone with the final info...sound good? PM me if you have any specific questions

Muppet, you are our guest here in WI do you have any favorites or dislikes...or are you to easy to please? If there is a certain type of food, or some preference you might have I'd like to make that our main consideration when choosing a place

·
Registered
0 Posts
PALAMINO! PALAMINO!

seriously the most "fun " vegan food ever! and good atmosphere

i vote for polomino!!!!

(by the lake in bayview next to cactus club)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Palomino sounds fun. Fried tofu sandwich? Yummy!

I'm fairly easy to please--love Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, African, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Mexican--pretty much anything except meat.

21 - 40 of 419 Posts