VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
MsRuthieB wrote:

Quote:
Whenever I think Wisconsin I think Milwaukee...then that get's me to thinking about Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm...I can hear the theme song now
That's so wierd! I was downtown today and while sitting at a stoplight I was looking at city hall (it was a building they showed in the beginning of the show) (Laverne and Shirley that is) and I was thinking to myself...so many people think of Laverne and Shirley when they think of Milwaukee...still....hehehehe

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey Flower,

I know for sure there is at least one other Wisconsinite on the site...Handsdown, and My Own Path is moving up here if that counts

Anyway, I live pretty close to you because I live north of Milwaukee...I'd say almost right between Milw. and Sheboygan. We go up to Kohler/Andre (sp)? a couple few times every summer it's about a 20/30 min drive.

I go to the Outpost a couple times a month but I agree the groceries are getting much larger selections of organics and natural foods. I shop at Pick n Save and they recently put in a whole organic and natural food section...they also carry several different brands of veggie things and are really good about getting things in that I request if they can. In the summer I get organic veggies from a farm in Belgium.

I didn't know there was a vegan essentials in Milwaukee...do you know where it is I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That's such a beautful park and beach, we love it....it's like being at the ocean...ecxept the water isn't nasty salt water
but it's really cold...most of the time anyway
I'l post some pics of it soon.

Flower, now that I know where it is (vegan essentials) I'll go for sure, I'm in the city every day but all over so I'll wait for a day when I'm in the Wauwatosa area and I'll check it out....let you know what they got goin on. Sounds like it might be near my favorite Indian grocery.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey gali,

I used to live in Bayview! I loved living there. I know what you mean about the lake though
Still it was nice to be able to walk down to the lake and the park by Bayview beach.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I love Indian too, what's your favorite place gali? I also thought Beans and Barley would be nice...haven't been there in a while. Muppet there is also an African place...I've never been but I hear it's good, I read in a recent post you liked African food and it reminded me of the place. I don't know if they have anything vegan but I could check

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey B4S
Wow so many Wisconsonites
Excellent!!

Well guys how this for a plan...when we decide on a place I'll call and make reservations, then when you get there you can just say your with the VB group...that should make it easy...hopefully. I'll PM everyone with the final info...sound good? PM me if you have any specific questions

Muppet, you are our guest here in WI do you have any favorites or dislikes...or are you to easy to please? If there is a certain type of food, or some preference you might have I'd like to make that our main consideration when choosing a place

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Wow, I just happened across MARV on the net a few days ago...the pot luck sounds like fun.

Hi wanda!

Flower! I almost went down to th OP today but I decided to wait till Mon.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Flower, there was someone on the boards from Mad town but I don't think he ever posted on the WI board....I haven't seen him post in a while?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
mizliz, sorry don't know of it.

Hey there Oatmeal Girl

Hey guys, I was over to Madison a week or so ago and walkiing down State St saw a vegetarian restaurant called Peacemeal. I wanted to check it out, it looked good, but I was there with the kids and we didn't have time. Anyone been there?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey guys, I got to me a super great, very sweet, person from the boards last week!!

Brake4squirrels!! We met for lunch last week before she had to go back to school. We went to Bombay Sweets, a little Indian place on the south side. It is a very simple place, nothing fancy...but the food was very good and very inexpensive! I think I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and it was $5.95...the combo platter which included two veg curries, dal makahni, basmati rice, and two types of bread.

Anyway we had a very nice lunch, it was lots of fun to meet up. We both agreed it would be fun to try a little get together again with all the WI folks, but she'll be gone at school till??? Perhaps when she gets back?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Holy Harleys!!!

I was in town today and I was amazed at how many Harleys were on the roads! I mean....I know the 100th anniversry is going on, but it was increadible to see so many!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey all you Wisconsinites....cold enough for you? Seems like just yesterday it was still in the 70's. Anyhoo, I took a trip into town (Milwaukee) to do a little shopping and pick up my order from Vegan Essentials. What nice people!! Very friendy, super helpful, a really neat place! It will be nice when they get a new place with a store front because the place they have now isn't set up for just dropping by and shopping around....but they are very welcoming and are glad to have stop by...as long as you call first and set it up. They are close to the Outpost in Wauwatosa which was nice cuz I needed to stop there too. I picked up a variety of VE's food stuffs...Some of which I liked while others were a bit disappointing, but you never know until you try...and I love to try new foods!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts