VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
MsRuthieB wrote:

Quote:
Whenever I think Wisconsin I think Milwaukee...then that get's me to thinking about Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm...I can hear the theme song now
That's so wierd! I was downtown today and while sitting at a stoplight I was looking at city hall (it was a building they showed in the beginning of the show) (Laverne and Shirley that is) and I was thinking to myself...so many people think of Laverne and Shirley when they think of Milwaukee...still....hehehehe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Slynny! I live in Sheboygan, so I'm not too far away from you. I used to drive to the Outpost once a week to get some of my groceries, but am able to find most of that around here now. Piggly Wiggly is really starting to take off with organics and natural foods along with the other stores.

Have you ever visited Vegan Essentials? I'd like to the next time I'm in Milwaukee, but have no clue when that'll be.

Well, hopefully other Wisconsinites show up on this thread. It's nice to know that there is at least one veggie close to me, though!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey Flower,

I know for sure there is at least one other Wisconsinite on the site...Handsdown, and My Own Path is moving up here if that counts

Anyway, I live pretty close to you because I live north of Milwaukee...I'd say almost right between Milw. and Sheboygan. We go up to Kohler/Andre (sp)? a couple few times every summer it's about a 20/30 min drive.

I go to the Outpost a couple times a month but I agree the groceries are getting much larger selections of organics and natural foods. I shop at Pick n Save and they recently put in a whole organic and natural food section...they also carry several different brands of veggie things and are really good about getting things in that I request if they can. In the summer I get organic veggies from a farm in Belgium.

I didn't know there was a vegan essentials in Milwaukee...do you know where it is I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
We just went hiking at Kohler-Andrae Park today! I love it there. It's less than five miles from our house, and the north beach & trails are great. It's the only part of the park that allows dogs, but it's the best part, so that's okay.

I e-mailed vegan essentials one time to ask if they're ever going to open a store. They said that they might in the future, but if I ever wanted to shop there to just let them know and they'd arrange something with me. Very nice!

Anyway, their address is 7722 W. Menomonee River Pkwy. in

Wauwatosa. Let me know if you ever go!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That's such a beautful park and beach, we love it....it's like being at the ocean...ecxept the water isn't nasty salt water
but it's really cold...most of the time anyway
I'l post some pics of it soon.

Flower, now that I know where it is (vegan essentials) I'll go for sure, I'm in the city every day but all over so I'll wait for a day when I'm in the Wauwatosa area and I'll check it out....let you know what they got goin on. Sounds like it might be near my favorite Indian grocery.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yup, that's where they are located. Here's a FAQ from their website to help out anyone that wants to visit them:

Do you have a retail store or are you strictly an online mail-order business?

At this time we do not have a location, but we are seeking a new Milwaukee location for a larger warehouse and retail outlet due to high demand from our customers (as well as our ever-decreasing space in our current location!) When we have a retail location, (or at the least, a new warehouse) we will be sure to post information on our site. At this time, if you are in our area and wish to shop in our warehouse you can call us at (414) 607-1953 or email us to make an appointment - we are very open to visitors and love to have people stop in when they are able! Our hours that we are around do vary but we can open the warehouse anywhere from 10 AM to 8 PM, so call us to discuss a visit!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, I'm moving to Milwaukee in August! I'm looking for work up there right now, and will be in the area in late june-early july.

Does anyone know of openings of any sort? Email me if you can help out and I'll tell you my skills and such.

------Trav-------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yay! We can always use one more veghead in Wisconsin. There are usually pretty good job openings where I work, but that would mean at least a 45 minute commute for you. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the details.

1 - 20 of 419 Posts