VeggieBoards banner

Wisconsin Milwaukee Area

6K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  stitches96 
#1 ·
Just because there are no WI threads yet
Anyone else in the Milwaukee area?

See less See more
#5 ·
I wonder if anyones in town for the Harley Anniversary?

If you are stop clogging up the streets! hehe

I was supposed to volunteer to sell pins for the MDA at Miller Park, but I got stuck at a training at work...which was cancelled at the last minute anyway
They let me keep the spiffy tshirt though which is apparently supposed to be worth some money because the guy who did the sculpture at the harley hq designed it or something.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan.yat View Post

I'll be moving to Milwaukee in January to attend UWM for grad school. Literature. My boyfriend and I have been Brewers fans for years here in New Orleans. We're probably the only ones here
Have fun there! If you're a Brewers fan, I'm sure you won't be as alone in that area, haha. UWM is a good school, or so I've heard. My sister's just started there and she likes it so far.

#11 ·
I also heard that this winter was going to be bad. Maybe worse than last year, and last year is the worst winter I can remember and I've lived here my whole life. I guess we already have had more snow than we did at this time last year. I think it's funny that the main topics in the Wisconsin thread are snow and Harleyfest. Lulz.

Anyway, I'm new to the board. Hi, I'm Jackie.

If anyone wants to read the articles I've written about

the Urban Ecology Center's Vegetarian Potluck or Vegetarian Restaurants in Milwaukee, feel free to check them out.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich girl View Post

I also heard that this winter was going to be bad. Maybe worse than last year, and last year is the worst winter I can remember and I've lived here my whole life. I guess we already have had more snow than we did at this time last year. I think it's funny that the main topics in the Wisconsin thread are snow and Harleyfest. Lulz.

Anyway, I'm new to the board. Hi, I'm Jackie.

If anyone wants to read the articles I've written about

the Urban Ecology Center's Vegetarian Potluck or Vegetarian Restaurants in Milwaukee, feel free to check them out.
Welcome, Jackie!

Yes, I've heard this winter will be bad, also. xP Around here, I've heard that over the next two or three days, we could be getting over a foot. xP Not fun at all!

#13 ·
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the foot! If the forecast still says that by this evening I'm just going to ask my supervisor if I can use a day off and not have to worry about it in the morning.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skittles View Post

I am close to Milwaukee... I live about 20 or 30 minutes west in Waukesha, but I go to Milwaukee all the time to do grocery shopping or to go out to dinner. There are more veggie friendly places to eat and shop there.
I haven't been brave enough to venture alone downtown to find out! That's where everything seems to be. Although there is Cafe Manna place in Brookfield that I've visited...it's a cute little place.

I grew up in North Prairie so Mukwonago, Delafield, and Waukesha were the closest cities and were all about the same distance away. Spent a lotta time hanging out there.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

I haven't been brave enough to venture alone downtown to find out! That's where everything seems to be. Although there is Cafe Manna place in Brookfield that I've visited...it's a cute little place.

I grew up in North Prairie so Mukwonago, Delafield, and Waukesha were the closest cities and were all about the same distance away. Spent a lotta time hanging out there.
I live so close to Cafe Manna, but I have not been there yet. My boyfriend is an omni, so we rarely go out to vegetarian only restaurants (even though there are not many in Wisconsin anyways).

Do you still live in North Prairie?

If you want a veggie pal to go downtown with, my friends and I love to meet new people. You are more than welcome.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skittles View Post

I live so close to Cafe Manna, but I have not been there yet. My boyfriend is an omni, so we rarely go out to vegetarian only restaurants (even though there are not many in Wisconsin anyways).

Do you still live in North Prairie?

If you want a veggie pal to go downtown with, my friends and I love to meet new people. You are more than welcome.
I'm in West Allis now. I'm family is still out in North Prairie, so I'm out there pretty regular. I wouldn't mind venturing out for some veggie food. I don't know anyone else who'd go with me. My family doesn't mind trying new veg stuff with me, but they aren't big city people either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.