VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a quick question for someone who knows about mice. My cat caught one a couple of nights ago and I found it inside today, it's really friendly and cute but obviously I need to release it back into the wild. I let it go in our garden but my cat caught it again straight away. I thought I'd given it enough time to get away but she found it pretty quickly. So I think I'm going to have to take it somewhere else to release it so she doesn't catch it again. What kind of environment should I be looking for? In a paddock? Under a hedge? I'll just drive around until I find somewhere suitable. I can easily take it out of town which I think would be best.<br><br><br><br>
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it was definately the same one, I gave it a while to leave but it didn't go far and she picked it up again very close to where I released it.<br><br><br><br>
It's early summer here so there's a good chance it might have babies if it's a female. However it was in our house for a couple of days so do you think any babies would already be dead?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've released it again. This time instead of trying to put it through the fence from my side I went around to the neighbours shared driveway amd just walked down and released it on the other side of the long grass where my cat seems to get mice from. So I guess if it does have babies and they were still alive it might find them.<br><br>
Thanks Thalia.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
This thread can be closed now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts