VeggieBoards banner

For those of you that own the Wii and the PS3, which do you like better?

• I prefer the Nintendo Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer the Playstation 3

• I prefer something else, or I don't own both, or other, or neither.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that went out and bought both the Wii and the PS3, which one do you like more?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This poll is not going to get many responses.
I can't even find a Wii yet. I'm not even thinking about getting a PS3.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Im totally torn this time. Usually I only buy playstation, but the Wii does look pretty good and I only bought my PSP about a year ago. I've got plenty of time to think about it as the PS3 isnt released in Australia until March.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
We don't have either yet, but we're getting a Wii soon. I'm not sure about the PS3.

The Wii looks like it's a lot of fun, I've heard great reviews from people who bought it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The Wii is launching with a new Zelda and looks really innovative. But PS has always had a ton of RPGs.....right now I'd have to say neither. Both are too pricey currently, and I still have a ton of games to play through before I go out and buy a new system.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've played the Wii (my brother got one) the zelda game is really cool, and I like the sports games that came with it - very fun. The PS3 - all glitz if you ask me. I have a PS2 and hope they keep making lots of games for it, as its the best system if you ask me ;-)

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
^^ for me, yes.

Wii looks fun, and I always like Nintendo's games better than Sony's. We're talking about getting a Wii ...

Remi sent me an article from the WSJ today, talking about how people are getting a lot of exercise from the Wii. Pretty nifty.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

Remi sent me an article from the WSJ today, talking about how people are getting a lot of exercise from the Wii. Pretty nifty.
I just played Rayman for the first time today on the Wii, and I'd have to say my arms are a little sore. It's definately the most exercise I've ever gotten playing a console game since the Power Pad. This game even had a section specifically for workouts. It's cheaper than a Bowflex, now if only it worked out my ass...

~Wondre

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Not getting another playstation ever. For the cost they're reaching, I could just buy a new nVIDIA card and play more advanced games on the PC. The console doesn't even come with it's own screen, so I'd have to use our crap TV or buy a decent one and use up money I could have just spent on extra RAM, a new hard drive and a few PC games.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only Nintendo system I've ever owned was a Gameboy. As in the black and white one from 1989.

But the Wii does look cool. I'm contemplating it, perhaps after the second price drop. Playstations price tag and unimpressive launch were rather depressing. I miss the Turbo Grafx 16 days.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I put in a vote for PC games.

The last time I played a video game, 286's were the latest CPU, and Mario was two dimensional. Who is Zelda?

..and I agree with everything Scythe said regarding cost.

BC

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you really want exercise, get a PS2 which is much cheaper and get dance dance revolution. SOOOOO much fun OMG. Get two pads, and use them at parties. Of course, if anyone is actually good at it, its no fun, lol. But I've never laughed so hard as at some parties with DDR. everyone (even those not on the pads yet) lined up doing the moves, it looks like a janet jackson video. And you get a LOT of exercise, you sweat!!!! So much fun :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts