VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People, i will ask you one simple question...<br><br>
Why don't you eat meat?<br><br>
I completely agree with you that animals should not be held like prisoners in small places where they cant even move, it is wrong to not let them see the light of the sun.. animals shouldn't be held and killed in that way as they are in our world + it is completely idiotic to make fur coats and animal clothing out of animals(for so called ''fashion''), when we can create non-organic clothing that gives us better protection.<br><br><br><br>
If you hate the way the animals are treated, and that's the only reason why you don't eat meat, i agree with you(or for health matter).<br><br>
BUT, if you feel animals shouldn't DIE because of you, i must say you are wrong...<br><br><br><br>
What do you eat.. plants?<br><br>
Does their inability to feel pain makes them less alive? Are they not lifeforms as well... in addition, lifeforms that provide oxygen?<br><br><br><br>
I believe that humans, as the top in the food chain, shouldn't eat neither, because we have the power to destroy all life on the planet, and that's why we should look after all lifeforms equally, plants and animals alike.<br><br><br><br>
But that is still impossible.<br><br><br><br>
I eat both meat and plants, and i am indeed ready to stop when science and technology are advanced enough so they can create proteins and all other essencial materials which make us alive...<br><br><br><br>
But, until then , i will consume both, and although it makes me sick the way animals are treated, that doesn't give anyone the right to kill plants...

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Why are trolls so damned uncreative these days?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
It's extremely simple: we don't find the killing of animals wrong simply because they're <i>a lifeform</i> or "alive". We find the killing of animals wrong because they are <i>sentient</i> and killing deprives them of a conscious life.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
It is wrong to take someone's life for a burger or a hot wing or a bowl of soup, that's why. We are fortunate to have many food choices, to take a life for tastebud preferance alone is sadistic.<br><br><br><br>
PS. And if you think there is no difference between your dog and a potato, I worry for both you and your dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts