1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I do feel better for swearing....... never really thought about it too much though. Always liked it because it helps me express my emotions better as it accentuates my meaning....

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
"There is a catch, though: The more we swear, the less emotionally potent the words become, Stephens cautions. And without emotion, all that is left of a swearword is the word itself, unlikely to soothe anyone's pain"

Well that sucks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Always figured I cursed... Due to the lack of my vocabulary and how I enjoy offending people. The pain idea I thought was already a given.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
My parents were very anti-swearing. Even as an adult I feel guilty if I slip around them.

The funny thing is, even people who don't swear make up their own versions of swear words. My dad was big on the "Doggone its!" and "Daggon its!"

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

You can raise someone to think that "love" is a swear word, and it would have the same effect.
Totally, its the taboo effect. I swear on a pretty regular basis and I have to say I enjoy it every time

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I generally have what might be classified as a potty mouth, but I also say "gorram" in all seriousness - that just makes me giant nerd.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i swear at least once a day, but usually not in anger, mostly for humorous effect. like at work, we say WTF?!? a lot. more to make each other laugh than anything else.

but yeah, if i hurt myself or stumble, i'll holler something.
my favorite example of this is in The Fabulous Baker Boys when Micelle Pfeiffer arrives for the audition and
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]she noisily stumbles and then yells out GOD DAMMIT! all off camera. talk about first impressions. i can rewind that over and over again and just crack the f*** up, every time![/SPOILER]

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I thought it was cause the German in me (from both sides) makes me paranoid and whenever something bad happens, even within my own body, I think it's something purposely trying to **** with me and then I swear at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts