VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start off by saying that I found a vet clinic nearby that I'll be taking my cat to sometime this week. They aren't open tomorrow, otherwise I would do it tomorrow. I have no way of transporting her to an emergency clinic since I live too far from them to walk, and the taxis and public transit around here won't allow animals on board.

I just noticed yesterday that she has been going to her litter box quite frequently, as in she'll go into it a few times within a 15 minutes period, but then she won't go back again for a while. She doesn't appear to be trying to use the washroom. she just paws around the litter as if she's looking for a spot, then she leaves.

I scooped it earlier today and there were clumps that were obviously urine clumps. So I don't think her urinary tract is blocked. I've been googling around though and I'm starting to fear the worst. I am suspicious that she has an infection. However, I also just moved to a new apartment this week and I don't know if maybe this is her way of adjusting to things. I also never noticed her washroom habits before since in my old apartment her box was hidden away in the extra bathroom, so perhaps this is normal. She hasn't eaten very much in the past couple of days. But today I saw her eating. She seems to be a bit more comfortable now.

I know that nobody here can really give me medical advice but I'm wondering if anyone else's cat has done this and what happened?

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
My cat has kidney problems. first time i noticed it was because she peed bloog on the floor

But another time she was going to pee every 15 minutes, no blood. i went with her to emergency room and they said it is another symptom of kidney problems

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hope it's just that she's getting used to the new place. One of my cats has had infections and it is no fun at all (poor guy). If it is a uti you'll probably know it pretty soon when she starts peeing in various locations outside the box.

If you're worried about it and want to find out asap, you can collect a urine sample yourself and take it in to the vet instead of taking the cat in. What's worked for me before is waiting till I think the cat will need to pee soon, then put them in the bathroom with a clean, empty litter box. (I would hide the toilet paper roll first along with anything else she might tear up 'cause she'll probably be very unhappy.)

Best of luck with your kitty and your new apartment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts