VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread "My favorite VB user avatars...." got me wondering why many of us have chosen the avatars we currently use. Is your avatar a picture of yourself or your pets? Is it something that moves you or do you just find it funny? Tell us about it.

My avatar is an image of a parrot taken from the movie 'Rio'. I've always loved birds, and parrots in particular have always fascinated me with their intelligence and beauty. Someday, I would love to work with a parrot rescue that deals with neglected or abandoned birds.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
<<<---Poppy, my Chihuahua, has been one of the most influential "people" in my life. Because of her, I'm vegan. Because of her, I started in fostering Chihuahuas. And because of her, my circle of friends has grown, my life is better, and I go to bed every night snuggled against someone who loves me.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
because I heart corey haim and he has been my fave since I was ten.....and I dont want him forgotten.

peace & love always

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
I'm obsessed with cyborgs, androids and robots.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well, my avatar is always something band related or something I drew on paint

This is my favourite singer, guitarist, and bass player laughing. This has always been one of my favourite pictures of them.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I choose not to have an avatar. I have in the past but then I get flamed on a board or something and I think 'why do I have something that matters to me on some board on the internet'

I do have my cats as my picture on Ravelry. I've only been treated nicely there. But then again conversations are usually related to knitting and crocheting.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Cause it's me. And out of all the various roles I've filled in my life, being a soldier the one I identified with the most.

·
Registered
612 Posts
What a fun thread! Very interesting to see the why behind people's choices.

<<<This is Dream from the epic Neil Gaiman graphic novels 'The Sandman.' It's an amazing set of books; incredible artwork and stories. I picked this avatar cause, well ya know - I think it's kinda cool.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
~ Dream ("Dream Country")

"We make choices. No one else can live our lives for us. And we must confront and accept the consequences of our actions."
~ Dream ("The Kindly Ones")

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
It suits me.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts