Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. Why are you a vegetarian?

I am, or am trying to be, because I think it's sad that animals have to die so people can stuff their faces with them. Also, going veggie is much healthier.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I voted animal rights. Although I am vegetarian for health reasons as well, animal rights made me become vegetarian in the first place.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I voted animal rights. I believe that animals are sentient feeling beings. I grew up on a small family farm. I've seen a lot of pain, suffering and abuse and I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put "some of the above" because I'm in it for both animal rights and health reasons. Not to mention environmental reasons, which isn't on the poll.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I voted animal rights because while I am in it for all the reasons (AR, environmental, health) AR is the driving force these days.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Voted Animal Rights......environmental is a big reason, health is a reason too, but the fact that animals deserve to live natural lives free from being slaughtered by human hands is what drives me.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Some of the above:

- Animal welfare

- Health reasons

- Taste reasons. I was never a big meat eater, and now it seems gross to me to eat it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammerus View Post

I dont eat it because I dont need to. I think it is selfish to kill an animal for your tastebuds
That's exactly my reason!!!

My desire for a specific taste is not more important than an animal's life. That's what I tell people when they ask me. Of course I generally don't desire that particular taste anymore.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I am a vegetarian because I don't like how animals are treated on large-scale farms. I think animals should be treated humanely and allowed to live as full of a life as possible. I'm not opposed to people killing or eating animals or being part of food chain as it is, I'm just opposed to cruelty and do not want to be responsible for causing needless suffering. The easist way for me to take a stand against this is by remaining vegetarian.

So anyways, I voted "Animal Rights", since it was for animal reasons, but it has nothing to do with "rights". Animal welfare, you would call it.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

Some of the above:

- Animal welfare

- Health reasons

- Taste reasons. I was never a big meat eater, and now it seems gross to me to eat it.
Same for me.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
AR. Unlike the animal welfarists
, I believe animals (including humans of course) are not objects for human use.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haha honestly, I just don't like meat. I think it tastes bad, the consistency grosses me out, and the thought that it was once breathing is a major turn-off.

BUT I am also very into health, so kind of health reasons too I guess? Although I became a vegetarian long before I became interested in health.. oh well. :p

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I voted animal rights but it's more animal welfare. If I were lost in the wilderness for an extended period of time I would totally eat animals for survival. But then of course it would be by necessity and I would know that they lived a natural life. Like some others said, if I don't NEED meat, why eat it?

I'm also veg for environmental reasons but that is secondary.

I'm not veg for health reasons, I believe omnivorous & veg diets can both be healthy or unhealthy, just depends on the amount of processed food/junk food vs. whole foods.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts