• I like them both equally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like either one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
From the little I've seen, Colbert. Stewart seems slightly "full of himself" so to speak, emphasizes himself too much or something. And Colbert's sarcastic humor is funnier.

I think people find Stewart funny mainly because he likes to grin a lot after he says something intended to be funny.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by compassionate1 View Post

I also voted "like equally." Though Colbert has been on a roll lately whereas Stewart seems to have fallen into a bit of a rut.
That's what got me asking.

I'm a long time fan of Jon Stewart and initially I preferred his show.

But lately he's been stagnant whereas Colbert managed to get a bridge in Hungary named after him for crying out loud.

Plus the Star Wars CGI crap is hilarious.

Jon Stewart also tries to have real interviews whereas Stephen Colbert breaks character for no one.

Which makes someone going on his show to pimp their latest project MUCH more entertaining than, you know, if they actually get to talk about it.

So I'm probably leaning towards Colbert. Loyalty means nothing to me.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
People, people. Not liking either is not an option.

Oh wait! Someone's just added it. I guess it is.

My Stephen Colbert vs Jon Stewart poll is pushing his ethics and values onto me.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

As usual, I am totally out of the entertainment loop... It's likely that I am missing out on something good. It's even more likely I don't really care.
Well fortunately there's YouTube to get people in the loop. I don't watch American TV but I've watched some clips. This one was funny enough for example:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

People, people. Not liking either is not on option.

Oh wait! Someone's just added it. I guess it is. :p

My Stephen Colbert vs Jon Stewart poll is pushing his ethics and values onto me.
Absolutely.

Tip of the hat to JeezyCreezy for conducting this poll.

Wag of the finger to anyone anti.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.