VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some whole wheat couscous in the health food store today. I have never heard of this. Is it good? Does it cook the same way as regular couscous? WHat are the nutrition stats in comparsion? Any thoughts/comments on it?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I always use ww couscous. I don't see any real difference in the taste to regular couscous. I don't know about the nutritional differences. I don't think there is much of a difference, though.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I prefer whole wheat cous-cous to the regular stuff. To me it has a fuller, slightly nutty taste. I'm sure it has more fiber than regular cous-cous, but I'd need to look at a package to be sure about that.

I've also heard that your body absorbs processed flour more easily and therefore you get more calories from processed flour than you would from the equivalent amount of whole wheat flour. I can't verify or find any article to back up that information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.