VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I do

Since going veg*n, it's been harder for me to deal with potential omni gf's poking fun at me because of my lifestyle choice. I've come to realize that I won't be able to be in a satisfying relationship unless I'm with another veg*n, and more specifically someone who's vegan. I've been able to connect with one vegan a few months back, but as with one annoying aspect of Internet formed relationships, the distance kept it from becoming anything serious. At least that's the way I viewed it, she might have had a different opinion

So who else on VB is single and looking?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yep, Jim's a cutie!

Well, I'm single... can't really say I'm 'looking', I'm just living life, and letting God do his thing. Though, I'm a bit concerned about how this whole veg thing is going to affect a potential relationship... My mother and I had a very spirited (
) discussion today about this. She told me I was not going to find a man who would tolerate not having meat in the house. So, I tried to get some back up from my semi veg father, and he wasn't as much help as I thought he would be.

I'm not going to worry though. I believe things happen for a reason, and I believe my veg*nism is part of God's plan for my life. I think he will send me someone who will respect my beliefs and maybe even conform to them... You know, the more I think about it, I really can't see myself with an omni. Time will tell, I guess.

But, Jim, don't worry. I'm sure you'll find someone in your area!
And if she doesn't respect your beliefs, well... you know where to find me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grain_girl, that's the way I look at it. Things happen for a reason and this is no different. I could have a much easier time finding an omni gf if that's what I wanted, but I don't. At the same token I don't just want to find someone who is veg*n and can't get along with. I want to find someone for the right reasons, not just to be with someone for the sake of not being alone. To an extent, I don't mind distance. If I find someone that I click with, I will travel as far as it takes to be with them! (how sappy)

But I sure do hate having all that extra lonely bed space when I'm sleeping at night.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You sound like a great catch to me (how many good looking, vegan guys who love cats are there?!). There are plenty of single veggie gals, hopefully one who appeals to you and lives in NJ! I would also recommend veggiedate.com! Good luck

The not-single Feliner

·
Registered
495 Posts
aww, you sound like a lovely person. I'm sure the right person will come along eventually, then you'll be so happy it'll make up for all that lonliness!

I'm still waiting, but I don't think there's a (single) veg*n soul in my area *sigh*

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
I am butt naked single, how raw can it get!...lol
EDIT: I meant

crying out load = COL. Wahhh!!!!! :X >_< (cannot see the point in

marriage incidently).

Who else cannot see the point in marriage???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I want to know who else believes marriage is not necessary for a successful relationship!!! That said you see coz I am not seeking a family of my own... I tend to think marriage is only necessary if you have kids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim O.

I want to find someone for the right reasons, not just to be with someone for the sake of not being alone. To an extent, I don't mind distance. If I find someone that I click with, I will travel as far as it takes to be with them! (how sappy)

Jim O.

Thats not sappy necessarily, moreoverly thats just keeping your options open and wits about you whilst of course being realistic at the same time for what you intend on doing... and getting yourself to where its at vegan-wise... and whatever situation your are in now, you can make steps towards seeing someone on the other side of the world if necessary but you do have to make sure they have no problem with distance before getting involved thats for sure and then build from there!!!!!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
VegAnaconda - I, too, do not believe that marriage is necessary. I was married once, and I do not intend to go down that path again.

I am single, and within this past year, I ended an 11-year relationship due to my partner having a chemical imbalance that he wouldn't seek help for. His behavior escalated to the point where I felt physically threatened, so it was time to call it quits. I am not eager to jump into another relationship, but I sometimes wish I had someone to hang out with who wouldn't put any pressure on me for anything more than I'm ready for right now. My former partner was omni, but he was supportive of my choices and ate what I ate (since I did the cooking). When I'm ready for a new romantic relationship, my preference is for someone vegan, or at the very least, vegetarian.

Jim, I echo what the others have said - you are a cutie! Do you have any older brothers like you? Vegan and a cat-lover! Perfect!

VegAnaconda - if I haven't said it before, you're a cutie, too!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I'm not one to usually pursue potential SO's. Maybe that's why I've had such a crappy bunch of relationships, because I never went for what I wanted... For now I'm just waiting to see what happens.

I've heard a lot about the vegan meetups happening in my area, I might finally attend one if it doesn't coincide with work ;P I'm also fortunate to have an animal rights organization somewhat close to home (NJ Animal Rights Alliance). They hold protests, meetings and will be having a huge conference soon. That's got to be the best way for me to meet someone, but of course I'l be going to take part in the events, not to meet someone. But if do meet someone, I won't mind

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW, I have no interest in having kids. I consider my dogs and cats my children and will do and pay what it takes to make sure they are happy and healthy.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Ah, I arrived just in time, Jim O, to see that you figured out what to do already, and don't need any input from me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim O.

BTW, I have no interest in having kids. I consider my dogs and cats my children and will do and pay what it takes to make sure they are happy and healthy.
DITTO

I thought no-one else felt like that! I thought I was the only one!!

Why are you single?? I'm confused!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I went to vegan.meetup.com and found out that there is going to be a vegan gathering in my area. I'm not sure if I want to attend, though... I wouldn't want to go by myself, and I wouldn't have anyone to go with.
Not to mention, I'm not really a vegan. Though, I am darn close! I know I could be vegan if I had a friend or bf to do with me.
*sniff*

Must hang on to optimism...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts