VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an artist who is strongly color-driven, but I'm also into design. The artists who most inspire me are Peter Max (color) and Paul Klee (design/color).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm an artist too.

Form-wise, I'd say Picasso's cubist paintings were highly inspiring when I was starting painting years ago.

I like more gradient tonal changes though and like much renaissance paintings for their rich glowing colours.

I also like Lawren Harris (Canadian group of 7 painter) for his stylized scenes and gradient tonal changes (from dark to light)

Other favourites are

1... Juan Gris ... nice cubist still lifes from early last century

2... George Braques - his works after he came back from WW1 ... like the textures in the paint and the colours and tones and shapes

3... Henri Rousseau ... in his own catagory
love those high contrast colours and shades and the stylized shapes

4... Cezenne ... like the structured paintings hinting at where cubism would be influenced by ... great tones and colours again.

that's it for now ...too tired

·
Banned
559 Posts
i don't have one, never have, despite being one of those artist people myself. i don't keep up with the art scene, past or modern, actually.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I am a big fan of surrealism... the ultimate is Dali, but I also appreciate Rene Magritte (I think that's his name, it's been a while) and some of the other surrealists...

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Salvador Dali

Vincent Van Gogh

Alexander Caulder

Henry Moore

Pablo Picasso

Raphael (my ancestor... according to my grandfather)

Michaelangelo

my grandmother Kacy (local Pacific NorthWest artist)

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll ad a couple more, since I was in a bit of a hurry when I started the thread:

Rene Magritte

Ivan Albright

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would have to say past artists..Dali

I also love anime, like trigun, vampire hunter D, Inu Yasha, and yes DBZ (Im a big kid)..

Tattoo artists..Autumne Ledford (Integrity Tattoo shes my aritst) and paul booth.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Yuu Watase (mangaka)

John William Waterhouse

Michael Whelan (illustrator)

Rowena (illustrator)

and my dear friend Limey. ^_^

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I almost forgot Seurat!

and Mondrian!

and Duchamp!

and Miro!

Really, I just love 20th century artists! They broke all the rules just for the purity of the aesthetic experience. That's so up my alley!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was so lucky to go to this small gallery in NYC last fall, and got to go to the Neue Gallery-Museum for German and Austrian art.

http://www.neuegalerie.org/neue.html

It was amazing. I got to see many of my absolute favorite artists paintings and sketches including Gustav Klimt (there is SO much more to him than "the Kiss")

http://www.laks.com/deutsch/klimtmuseum.html

as well as Egon Schiele, whose works are amazing:

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/S/schiele.html

and

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano/1417/museum.html

Currently my favorites, although I like much modern art.

·
Registered
0 Posts
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

just kiddin'

i'm an installation girl...

lots of my inspiration is aussie...

i find it hard to say because we are all bombarded with so many images in our lives that it creates another world and 'art' isn't so 'fine' and distinct anymore...

which i like and thing is a good thing!

the best inspiration is from within!

(besides, i've just tried to search for some images 2 link u 2 from who i find inspiring but 2 no avail! they must be too poor to have websites!)

aah, the struggling artists!

but 4 an idea of the imagery i go for right now, that is inspiring me...

Mondrian and his grids...

·
Registered
0 Posts
In general, I love the pre-raphaelite artists: Hunt, Rosetti and Waterhouse, just to name a few.

I also love the renaissance period ... I think that Leonardo Da Vinci was an absolute genius, as was Michaelangelo.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts